Saving pictures from texts?

DrifterL

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
So I just got my new Note 4 (which I love btw, it's so amazing) but I was wondering if there's some way to set it up so I don't have to rename every picture I get from a text message. It's kind of annoying to have to rename every picture I get. I'm using the stock Samsung messaging app, not sure if that makes a difference.

Posted via the Android Central App

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. Is the phone prompting you to rename each picture you receive?

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't see that option when trying to save a picture in the stock Samsung messaging app. Maybe there's an option I don't have enabled, or its a difference in OS version? I have TouchWiz 5.0.1 on Verizon. I just see an option to "Save attachment".

Added screenshot for what I see.
Screenshot_NormalAppImage(1).png

Last edited:

DrifterL

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
I don't see that option when trying to save a picture in the stock Samsung messaging app. Maybe there's an option I don't have enabled, or its a difference in OS version? I have TouchWiz 5.0.1 on Verizon. I just see an option to "Save attachment".

I have the same thing, I'm on Verizon, android version 5.0.1. I'm not using the Messaging+ thing that Verizon had pre-installed, just the regular old Messaging. Whenever I go to save a picture, I get that prompt. Maybe it's because the person I'm getting the pictures from isn't using the default messaging app? Would that make a difference?

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
That is strange. I'm not using the Verizon Messages + either. Not sure what's going on. Perhaps someone else can add some thoughts on this.

Princepia

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
If you read carefully, the reason it's asking you to rename it because there is already a file with the same name. That's the issue. So perhaps whoever is sending you messages, or their messaging app, is renaming the picture to something that's the same each time.

DrifterL

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
If you read carefully, the reason it's asking you to rename it because there is already a file with the same name. That's the issue. So perhaps whoever is sending you messages, or their messaging app, is renaming the picture to something that's the same each time.

Yeah, I get that. But on my old phone, (moto x 1st gen) I never had this issue, no matter what phone or texting apps people used. I would get a picture, save it, and be on my merry way.

Princepia

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
What do your settings here look like? Let's see if we can find a setting causing this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-29-23-46-39.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-06-29-23-46-39.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 56

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I get that. But on my old phone, (moto x 1st gen) I never had this issue, no matter what phone or texting apps people used. I would get a picture, save it, and be on my merry way.

Did you find out what might be causing this? I think Princepia is onto something. Do you get the prompt to rename each time an image is sent, or only from certain senders? I added a screenshot in post #4 above as an example for what I'm seeing.

DrifterL

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Did you find out what might be causing this? I think Princepia is onto something. Do you get the prompt to rename each time an image is sent, or only from certain senders? I added a screenshot in post #4 above as an example for what I'm seeing.

I'll try to see if it's just the one sender or its every picture. I'll check back in tomorrow morning. Have to go to work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois