When receiving calls, the contact name does not show, Please help!! Why is it doing this?

tmawla

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
When receiving calls, the contact name does not show, Please help!!1

Anyone can help in this issue:
All my contacts are saved in the form + (Country Code) (Code) (number)
When receiving a local call, the number appearing on the screen comes without the country code, thus the contact name matching with the number does not appear on the screen.
i tried to save the contact without the country code, it worked properly.
This issue does not occur with the I Phone or Blackberry.

Anyone has the same problem??

please help.

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: When receiving calls, the contact name does not show, Please help!!1

I have my Mom's number saved in my contacts, but whenever she calls it shows up as [Unknown] for some reason. Though I can SMS her even with the international prefix numbers in place.

Posted via the Android Central App

Faisal BouHamdan

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
When receiving calls, the contact name does not show, Please help!! Why is it doing this?

Device S6 Edge.

Note that i read somewhere that google contacts have two commas added between the prefix and the number which can't be identified by this device.

Thanks.

Omar Qazi

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
i have the same issue with my new S6. My contacts are mostly stored with (intl code)(mobile number), but i'm receiving calls with just the mobile number being displayed, and not the contact name. How can this be resolved?
Interestingly, in my default messaging app on the S6, i'm receiving texts from (intl code)(mobile number) format, and if a contact is saved with just the mobile number, that don't have their names show up! just the number!

Omar Qazi

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
i have the same issue with my new S6. My contacts are mostly stored with (intl code)(mobile number), but i'm receiving calls with just the mobile number being displayed, and not the contact name. How can this be resolved?
Interestingly, in my default messaging app on the S6, i'm receiving texts from (intl code)(mobile number) format, and if a contact is saved with just the mobile number, that don't have their names show up! just the number!