I recently bought the Note 4. And unlike Note 3, the white version has a softer textured back. The note 3 in white had pure hard plastic, very different from the black version. Note 3 in white didn't get dirty, ever.

But the note 4 in white seems softer and more leathery.

Have any of you experienced the white back getting dirty of any sorts over time? Should I be worried?

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-29-2015 07:35 AM
    I've had the SGN.IV in white since the beginning of April and it still looks as new as the day it came out of the box. Of course I don't work in a "dirty" environment these days (was a commercial painter/floor covering/recycling and landfill weighmaster).

For a time I did use a case that I'd swap every so often, but since getting the Samsung Qi Wireless Battery Cover, it's gone bare. Will see as time goes on whether or not it'll look dingy.

06-29-2015 08:20 AM
    Thank you very much man. I appreciate the feedback.

I've seen some used ones and their backs do look damaged. The white ones of course.

I've bought myself another back cover, looks and feels the same but isn't a 100% original. I've swapped it with the original one and kept the original one safe on my drawer.

Forgive me. I almost baby my phones. And this one deserves it I think.

06-29-2015 02:49 PM
    Mine is naked and as clean as the day I bought it 4 months ago.

Posted via a kicking Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    06-29-2015 04:36 PM
    White's just hard to keep clean, especially when the natural oils from your hands get on it. Remember, plastic is porous and dirt/dust can get trapped in those pores.
    06-30-2015 10:47 AM
    White's just hard to keep clean, especially when the natural oils from your hands get on it. Remember, plastic is porous and dirt/dust can get trapped in those pores.
    Are you talking from experience?

06-30-2015 11:04 AM
    I had a white phone a few years ago, but had a clear protective cover on it. So I didn't have that problem. I'm just expressing logic.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    06-30-2015 12:33 PM
    I recently bought the Note 4. And unlike Note 3, the white version has a softer textured back. The note 3 in white had pure hard plastic, very different from the black version. Note 3 in white didn't get dirty, ever.

Have any of you experienced the white back getting dirty of any sorts over time? Should I be worried?

The back of my Note 4 is exactly the same texture as the Note 3 was. Wish it had the softer texture.

-Shawn
    Noting the world one S-Pen at a time
    06-30-2015 09:01 PM
    I've had the S3, S4, Note 2, Note 3 and my current Note 4 in white. With the exception of screen protectors, none have ever been inside a case.

Blood, grease, pine tar, stains from red clay, Sharpie ink - heck, everything that I've managed to get on my phones, has all come off with an alcohol prep pad and a light rub.
    07-02-2015 07:19 AM
    I've had the S3, S4, Note 2, Note 3 and my current Note 4 in white. With the exception of screen protectors, none have ever been inside a case.

Blood, grease, pine tar, stains from red clay, Sharpie ink - heck, everything that I've managed to get on my phones, has all come off with an alcohol prep pad and a light rub.
    S3 s4 and note 2 have glossy backs they won't stain I understand. Note 3 is somewhat softer but isn't as soft as the note 4 one.

But I'm happy to hear that none of you have had a bad experience with the note 4.

Thank you for your replies.

07-02-2015 09:18 AM
    Note 4 white back is hard plastic.the black and gold are soft like leather.and the pink is nasty hard plastic.I've put a bronze gold back on my uk white note 4 as I hate the hard plastic of the white back
    07-02-2015 10:23 AM

Nope not at all but I keep it in a case so. ..

07-02-2015 04:01 PM
    My white Note 4 still looks great. I go without a case at home most of the time. But I don't handle it if my hands are dirty.

Posted via Galaxy Note 4
    07-03-2015 10:11 AM
    Note 4 white back is hard plastic.the black and gold are soft like leather.and the pink is nasty hard plastic.I've put a bronze gold back on my uk white note 4 as I hate the hard plastic of the white back
    This is what I was trying to say. I have never seen a white Note 4 with a soft touch back. If there is one, I need to find out how to get it.

-Shawn
    07-03-2015 05:48 PM
    Here's two (2) of the battery covers with one designated for wireless charging.

Really cannot tell by the photos, but actually is still clean white.

Attached Thumbnails White version getting dirty?-20150703_165637.jpg  
    07-03-2015 07:00 PM
    This is what I was trying to say. I have never seen a white Note 4 with a soft touch back. If there is one, I need to find out how to get it.

-Shawn
    No I meant it is soft(er) than the note 3 one. But it's still harder than the black one. I put note 3 and note 4 side by side and noticed that the leathery pores are bigger on the note 4. On the note 3 they're more refined and concentrated.

This is a stupid thing to get into. I just wanted to know if the white one gets dirty or not. And by the look of things thankfully it does not.

Thank you so much everybody I can use the note 4 without a case without any worry now.

07-04-2015 02:55 AM