Hello everybody
    I left my galaxy note 4 fully charged 100% at 3 am over the table then at 8 am is only 33%
    What could be draining my battery so fast without even using it?how can I found the problem?I realized it becomes very hot and even without using it;I bought it 4 months ago this phone and battery usually lasted a full day and using it for calling,browsing and so on and now even not using it at all in just a couple of hours become from 100% down to 30%
    I have lots of apps in the phone sd external card and a few on the phone
    Best wishes
    Alex

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-29-2015 10:31 PM
    Good luck. I have a similar problem
    06-29-2015 10:53 PM
    I have a similar problem. Even using a different battery it still goes down quickly now.
    06-29-2015 11:30 PM
    Hello everybody
    I left my galaxy note 4 fully charged 100% at 3 am over the table then at 8 am is only 33%
    What could be draining my battery so fast without even using it?how can I found the problem?I realized it becomes very hot and even without using it;I bought it 4 months ago this phone and battery usually lasted a full day and using it for calling,browsing and so on and now even not using it at all in just a couple of hours become from 100% down to 30%
    I have lots of apps in the phone sd external card and a few on the phone
    Best wishes
    Alex

I have that issue sometimes it's weird... The lollipop update screwed up the battery life tremendously...thank Google for that one

06-30-2015 06:23 AM
    I had the same exact issues when mine was upgraded to Lollipop.... That along with Bluetooth issues, reboots, etc... I factory reset the phone 3 times and was still having issues. I finally got tired of it and went back to Kit Kat 4.4.4 and now I'm LOVIN my phone again... 2 day's of battery life, Bluetooth is back and great and no reboots...! I MO, Lollipop is a flop for the Note 4.... Again, JMO...!!

Sent from a Mobile device, please excuse any Typos...!
    06-30-2015 06:45 AM
    It really sounds like there's an app running in the background that's sucking up your battery life. I haven't had these issues, but you probably should check to see what apps are running on your phone, and make sure your screen is not Always On.
    06-30-2015 10:29 AM
    Yes it was after the lollipop update this problem
    Today 1 am I put in my pocket at 100% battery and take out at 4 am and is 50% battery life
    I feel all the time when in the pocket becoming hot

06-30-2015 09:36 PM
    I had that problem until I disabled the Gmail app. It was a hog all the time. Just like a new phone again.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    06-30-2015 09:44 PM
    I had that problem until I disabled the Gmail app. It was a hog all the time. Just like a new phone again.
    Can you turn off auto-syncing in Gmail like you can in the regular mail client?
    06-30-2015 11:54 PM
    yes , you can turn off auto-syncing. I turn mine off
    07-01-2015 01:56 AM
    Ntchwaidumela has a good suggestion. Checking in Settings/Battery is a good place to start to see what app or processes are using the phone resources (CPU, Memory, screen time on, screen brightness level, network, storage, sound, WiFi, mobile radio, Bluetooth, NFC, GPS, etc...). Other factors like cell signal quality can also impact battery life.

In my workplace, I get ~ 75 dBm and five bars for LTE at the building's edges where there are glass windows and no obstructions. Soon as I move to my cube which is in the building middle, signal strength drops to ~ 110 dBm and two bars for LTE. Phone is working harder to get a good signal in the latter case, and my understanding is that this in turn can consume more power (battery) as the phone's mobile radio has to work harder. That's one example for how battery life can be affected by environmental conditions.

I also rely upon GSAM to help me dig into more detailed battery statistics.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...labs.bbm&hl=en
    07-01-2015 08:07 AM
    I had the same exact issues when mine was upgraded to Lollipop.... That along with Bluetooth issues, reboots, etc... I factory reset the phone 3 times and was still having issues. I finally got tired of it and went back to Kit Kat 4.4.4 and now I'm LOVIN my phone again... 2 day's of battery life, Bluetooth is back and great and no reboots...! I MO, Lollipop is a flop for the Note 4.... Again, JMO...!!

Sent from a Mobile device, please excuse any Typos...!
    Same for me! Lollipop sucked for me and I just couldn't take it anymore.
    07-01-2015 02:32 PM