Does your "OK Google" work on your Note 4?

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have my setting checked to work all the time, but it never works unless the Google app is open. It works fine on my Samsung Tab 4.

Sergiusz Jasper

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Only when open it works ...sometimes it will work closed but not often so I don't even try just open app and use it lol

Sent from my SM-N910W8

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
If I retrain the voice it will work for a minute but then it reverts back to only working when the Google app is open.

Blacklac

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I dont actually use it, but it does turn on randomly when im watching Youtube videos. Lol. They arent even saying OK Google.

Posted via the Android Central App

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I had to disable S voice before it would work when the lock screen was off or on any other page besides the home screen.

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I was having several issues with G. voice. Everything mentioned here plus other things like text messages were a disaster. After an update tho, everything was fixed. It's been working beautifully now. Just a side note- my Svoice isn't disabled...no problems.

Posted By MY Next Big Thing, The Galaxy Note 4!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I was having several issues with G. voice. Everything mentioned here plus other things like text messages were a disaster. After an update tho, everything was fixed. It's been working beautifully now. Just a side note- my Svoice isn't disabled...no problems.

Posted By MY Next Big Thing, The Galaxy Note 4!

Hi ... Which update are you referring to?

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi ... Which update are you referring to?

I noticed the same thing he did, but honestly could not say what was updated, though I think it was the Google app. All I know is, I used to have to disable SVoice to get Ok Google to work at all, and then it wouldn't work from everywhere.

Then one day, after a Google update, I decided to re-enable SVoice. I wanted a press-and-hold of the home button to go to Google Search, so the first time I pressed and held after that update, the Note 4 said I had to download some additional language software. Then I had to train an app that looked like SVoice to recognize "Ok, Google," and everything has worked perfectly ever since.

Blacklac

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I can't figure out why, but twice last night it triggered watching YouTube. Lol. I didn't hear anything that sounded remotely close to "OK Google" at the time it triggered.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams