so recently my weather app when finding my house location will not find my town anymore but the next town 20 miles away,google maps finds my exact house so my gps in the phone is fine,i cleared the cashe etc etc,any help would be aprechated
    07-02-2015 09:46 AM
    07-02-2015 10:26 AM
    You must be in the wrong house
    All serious kidding aside, I have noticed that my weather app has reduced the number of weather station locations and now I too have a more distant station as my town's default.
    07-02-2015 10:36 AM
    Weather apps rely on personal weather stations and their proximity to your location. It could be that the next town 20 miles away is the closest to your location.

Example:
    Map of weather station network for Weather Underground
    07-02-2015 10:36 AM
    ive had the phone 9 months now and it only been having this issue for 4 days.any other weather app from the store will find my location its so annoying,but is this normal with the stock note 4 weather widget?
    07-02-2015 10:41 AM
    ive had the phone 9 months now and it only been having this issue for 4 days.any other weather app from the store will find my location its so annoying,but is this normal with the stock note 4 weather widget?
    You didn't originally mention the weather app you were using. The stock app uses AccuWeather if I am not mistaken and they use far fewer personal weather stations than most other services. Try the Weather Underground app mentioned above and see if that helps.
    07-02-2015 10:43 AM
    Plus, since these weather stations are usually from somebody's house they occasionally go off the air for one reason or another and the company will have to switch to one nearby. FYI- The Weather Underground app allows you to pick the weather station you want.
    07-02-2015 11:01 AM
    I had something similar happen using the Accuweather widget.

Occasionally, my location within the widget would display incorrectly though my physical location had not changed. I discovered (eventually!) that either I, or the widget itself, had inadvertently added my location with the incorrect name.

You have to get to the City List display and remove any undesired location names.

To check if this is what is happening in your case:

1) Tap the Accuweather Widget background to get to the Detail View
    2) Tap the List View icon (currently at the top and immediately left of the '+') to see City List

Do you see any incorrect or undesired City Names listed? If so, you have the same problem I did!

3) Select an undesired City Name and then tap the Trash Can icon to remove it from your list.

Remarkably, I was able to resolve my Location/City Name down to the neighborhood level using this technique. Once you've eliminated any names you don't want, use the '+" to search for any names you do want.

Be careful, overlapping City Names/Neighborhood Names will cause random switching and prove to be as frustrating as OP's initial problem (IMHO!)

Good Luck!
    12-05-2015 04:49 AM