If so, I have a couple of questions.

Does it work with the S Health App?

Does it work as an device for Smart Lock?

Do you pay a monthly fee if purchased on contract?

Thank you.
    07-02-2015 01:56 PM
    I have the Gear S with my Note 4 on Verizon.
    1) I do not use S Health much but I just checked; the info from the Gear S has been automatically transferring to the Note 4 as it did with my original Galaxy Gear and Note 3.
    2) Smart lock works perfectly.
    3) $7.91 is the monthly cost for my Gear S with Verizon ($5 +taxes and fees of course)
    skatergirl likes this.
    07-03-2015 06:15 AM
    Thank you so much for the info.

I currently have the Gear Fit watch. I am eyeing the Gear S. Do you feel it is worth the money?
    07-03-2015 07:56 AM
    It was worth the money for me. I was going to pay an ETF of $350 on one line and instead bought the Gear S for $399 and put it on that line.
    I like the large screen so that I can actually type in a response to a quick text and the fact that I can forget my phone and still get important messages or calls.
    Hmmm. I just asked myself the question; if it were stolen or lost would I go buy another for $400. My answer is that I would go buy another immediately. So I guess, yes is the short answer to your question

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    skatergirl likes this.
    07-03-2015 03:02 PM
    It was worth the money for me. I was going to pay an ETF of $350 on one line and instead bought the Gear S for $399 and put it on that line.
    I like the large screen so that I can actually type in a response to a quick text and the fact that I can forget my phone and still get important messages or calls.
    Hmmm. I just asked myself the question; if it were stolen or lost would I go buy another for $400. My answer is that I would go buy another immediately. So I guess, yes is the short answer to your question

Can you get texts that were sent to your phone on the Gear S if you don't have your phone with you? Or do you have to give people the phone number of the watch?

-Shawn
    Noting the world one S-Pen at a time
    skatergirl likes this.
    07-03-2015 05:52 PM
    Can you get texts that were sent to your phone on the Gear S if you don't have your phone with you? Or do you have to give people the phone number of the watch?

-Shawn
    Noting the world one S-Pen at a time
    I was meeting my sister in law at Target and didn't realize that I forgot my phone in the car. She texted my phone which forwarded it to my watch through Verizon. I reached into my pocket and realized that my phone was still in the car (well out of blutooth range). I even texted her back to tell her where I was. The text showed that it came from my phone number, not my watch number.

Some things could be faster but, other than an occasional slight delay, the Gear S works very well with the Note 4. I haven't found anything doesn't work like you would expect it should.

Thanks for the questions. I like my Gear S even more after thinking about it more thoroughly.

skatergirl likes this.
    07-04-2015 03:04 PM
    I was meeting my sister in law at Target and didn't realize that I forgot my phone in the car. She texted my phone which forwarded it to my watch through Verizon. I reached into my pocket and realized that my phone was still in the car (well out of blutooth range). I even texted her back to tell her where I was. The text showed that it came from my phone number, not my watch number.

Some things could be faster but, other than an occasional slight delay, the Gear S works very well with the Note 4. I haven't found anything doesn't work like you would expect it should.

Thanks for the questions. I like my Gear S even more after thinking about it more thoroughly.

Thank you, awesome.

Hey, do you know if you can download Google Plus on the watch?
    07-04-2015 05:15 PM
    Unfortunately it is Tizen and not android. I just checked, you can access Google + through Opera mini-browser.
    07-04-2015 09:00 PM