Is this possible to just draw out a F and it turn on the flashlight? Or something like Activator on iPhone and tap down and up on volume for flashlight? Also looking for up down to skip song?
    07-03-2015 07:48 PM
    It maybe possible with another Launcher APK such as Nova.
    07-03-2015 07:52 PM
    I think this is a brilliant idea. I want to make a gesture for the torch light widget. Under gestures in Nova then Activities, where would I find the torch app? I located it under settings, but neither of those options launch the torch.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-03-2015 09:47 PM
    I think this is a brilliant idea. I want to make a gesture for the torch light widget. Under gestures in Nova then Activities, where would I find the torch app? I located it under settings, but neither of those options launch the torch.

I was thinking outloud about it maybe being possible.

Seems with Nova it doesn't have provision for stock flashlight app on SGN.IV. Now knowing this, I installed another flashlight app where it does allow Nova's "custom" gesture to activate, but not with one's personalized gesture such as "F" as OP wants.

07-03-2015 10:44 PM
    I saw it in Cyanogen mod and wanted it lol. Anyone know about volume toggles to change song? Also what about the power button? It's so touchy and always turns on in my pocket, I was hoping for a 2 click turn screen on kinda thing? Or maybe use the accelerometer to detect it's in your pocket so it doesn't turn on.
    07-04-2015 06:22 PM
    Alternatively, I use an app that turn the flashlight from the power button. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ttonflashlight
    07-04-2015 11:02 PM
    I was thinking outloud about it maybe being possible.

Seems with Nova it doesn't have provision for stock flashlight app on SGN.IV. Now knowing this, I installed another flashlight app where it does allow Nova's "custom" gesture to activate, but not with one's personalized gesture such as "F" as OP wants.

I can't find the SGN.IV app. Anyone else have any ideas? I want to do it from the lock screen, power button is too touchy and turns on the flash light often in my pocket with Power Button Flashlight.
    07-07-2015 04:26 PM
    Have you tried, "OK Google, flashlight on" to turn it on? Then, "OK Google, flashlight off" to turn it off?
    Neo_ii_Droid likes this.
    07-07-2015 08:39 PM
    Have you tried, "OK Google, flashlight on" to turn it on? Then, "OK Google, flashlight off" to turn it off?
    Indeed, I just tried this after figuring out about enabling the "OK Google" from the other thread. It does work, while a tad bit slow it does work.
    07-07-2015 09:52 PM
    There is also a Samsung flashlight widget you could add to the screen.
    07-07-2015 09:57 PM
    There is also a Samsung flashlight widget you could add to the screen.
    Indeed.

But I simply want just the Icon with no labeling. Somehow it doesn't allow me to remove/hide the label.

Attached Thumbnails Flashlight Gesture?-screenshot_2015-07-07-20-05-33.jpg  
    07-07-2015 10:07 PM
    Indeed.

But I simply want just the Icon with no labeling. Somehow it doesn't allow me to remove/hide the label.

Agreed. It's kinda ugly. I got around this since I use Nova Prime launcher. I resize the widget to make it smaller, hiding the text.

There are probably many flashlight widgets on Google Play that might be better.
    07-08-2015 10:03 AM
    The "OK Google Turn on Flashlight" works but I often want to use it without disturbing others with my voice. I tried Flashlight LED but it doesn't work with the Pixel.
    02-06-2017 01:03 PM
    another solution is to EDC a flashlight, you know, the real thing with batteries in it. AA or 123s.
    02-06-2017 01:25 PM