Is it necessary to have a screen protector?
    07-04-2015 01:08 PM
    I don't have a Note 4 yet but will have one soon. I've already ordered a case and screen protector for it. I'd rather have the protection and not need it than to not have it and wish I did. Most modern phones probably don't need screen protectors if you are careful with your device, but for the inevitable accident, I've put screen protectors on all my tablets and phones for the last 10 years or more.

Of course you could have just Googled for your answer before posting your question.
    07-04-2015 01:16 PM
    I don't have a screen protector on my Note 4. It's 7 months old and there isn't one mark on the screen. I am careful with it but not overly careful. It bounces around my gym bag and in and put of my pocket all day long. I've dropped it a few times and it still looks great. I can't say you should or shouldn't put one on. I think it's different for everyone. I am not the kind of person that is obsessed with my phone looking perfect or keeping it prestine for resale value. I'd rather just enjoy it while I have it and I enjoy it with a naked screen.

Posted via Galaxy Note 4
    07-04-2015 03:37 PM
    Is it necessary to have a screen protector?
    I'd recommend it if you want to avoid any scratches. I got a very small scratch on my screen in the corner soon after getting it. It slide off my center console in my car into the floor.
    07-04-2015 04:02 PM
    I do not use one on this phone. The S pen and finger seem to slide so much nicer without a screen protector. Not a blemish on it since November.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    07-04-2015 04:12 PM
    As of late I've been going without a screen protector and no case here. While it does get smudged with fingerprints (which I can't stand) it's easy and quick to wipe with a microfiber cleaning cloth. Also, I use the S Pen about 97% of the time instead of my fingers.

Of course Your Methods May Vary accordingly so.
    07-04-2015 04:56 PM
    In comparison to the S5 and iPhone 3Gs and 4s, the Note 4 screen is by far the most "smudge resistant" screen I've used. I hated with my other phones how they'd smudge immediately after cleaning the screen. Within a few minutes of use, it was like I didn't even clean it.

It takes a while for smudges to really start showing up on the Note 4 screen. And when they do, a quick wipe cleans nearly everything off.

As for it being scratch proof, I highly doubt that it is. I don't have a screen protector on mine.....thought about it but was ultimately put off by the "halo effect" around the edge of the screen. So I just try to be a little extra careful with my phone when putting it in and out of pocket.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-04-2015 05:24 PM
    I use a Zagg glass screen protector and have yet to see the slightest scratch on it. The screen protector hasn't effected the preformance of the S-Pen.

I always keep a case and sreen protector on my phone to keep it in perfect condition.

Posted Via The AT&T Note 4
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    07-04-2015 06:30 PM
    It has Gorilla Glass. I have never used a screen protector.
    07-07-2015 01:32 PM
    I use the tempered glass screen protector and love it,it's smooth as glass! Probably don't need one but I wanna be safe with a expensive phone like this (especially when out at the bars),hahaha

07-07-2015 02:40 PM
    My Note 4 is naked screen wise. Fingerprints wipe off easy and I don't put it in a situation where it would be under friction or scratched.
    07-08-2015 12:11 AM
    I have been using screen protector for 7 years now on every device. 4 months ago I took screen protector off my note 4 and have been very happy.. It's still perfect. I'm done with screen protectors seeing as how I never have a phone longer than a year,, why bother.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    07-08-2015 10:35 AM
    The Note 4 uses Gorilla Glass 4 which is the best screen assembly cover glass available currently. But it is part of the screen assembly and therefore if it is damaged the cost of replacement is not inexpensive. A tempered glass screen protector if damaged is not a big expense. So if you use your phone in an environment where it will be subjected to abuse from sharp or abrasive materials I would seriously look at using a tempered glass screen protector.
    07-08-2015 11:04 AM
    I used screen protector for a weak o removed it because it looked bad.
    I think that you won't need one if you be careful with it and not to put it on its face

08-29-2015 02:54 AM
    In comparison to the S5 and iPhone 3Gs and 4s, the Note 4 screen is by far the most "smudge resistant" screen I've used. I hated with my other phones how they'd smudge immediately after cleaning the screen. Within a few minutes of use, it was like I didn't even clean it.

It takes a while for smudges to really start showing up on the Note 4 screen. And when they do, a quick wipe cleans nearly everything off.

As for it being scratch proof, I highly doubt that it is. I don't have a screen protector on mine.....thought about it but was ultimately put off by the "halo effect" around the edge of the screen. So I just try to be a little extra careful with my phone when putting it in and out of pocket.

06-21-2016 11:39 AM

Sir when I firstly bought Note 4, I thought it was great smudge wise. Of course due to great battery ATT changed it twice for me. The 2nd unit smugged immidiatly. The 3rd unite was perfect at the bigenning, then its very very bad after a while.
    Are u suffering the same thing? Is there a coating that is going after a while?
    06-21-2016 11:40 AM

Sir when I firstly bought Note 4, I thought it was great smudge wise. Of course due to great battery ATT changed it twice for me. The 2nd unit smugged immidiatly. The 3rd unite was perfect at the bigenning, then its very very bad after a while.
    Are u suffering the same thing? Is there a coating that is going after a while?
    Probably yes,, some of the coating and or the friction is causing the surface to rough up. I bought a hand full of decent quality and well priced tempered glass screen protectors. Basically feels like the original screen, but it's protected and can we swapped out easily
    06-22-2016 11:58 AM