Unwanted Actions During Calls

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
When I'm on a call, random apps or setting will open. I assume this caused by the side of my face touching the phone and launching a bunch of different applications or settings.

Anyone else experience this and know of a way to prevent this from happening? Is there a setting that will keep the screen turned off while I'm on a call? It's the only real problem I've had with the phone so far, but it's starting to annoy the crap out of me.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
When I'm on a call, random apps or setting will open. I assume this caused by the side of my face touching the phone and launching a bunch of different applications or settings.

Anyone else experience this and know of a way to prevent this from happening? Is there a setting that will keep the screen turned off while I'm on a call? It's the only real problem I've had with the phone so far, but it's starting to annoy the crap out of me.

Posted via the Android Central App

The proximity sensor is turned on by default to prevent the exact issue you are experiencing.

shadowssword19

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
When I use my head and shoulder to hold the phone the same thing happens to me the key is to HD it with one hand and if you can't I recommend a wireless headset.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
It was in accessibility or call settings on the S4. Cannot find it on the note. But it is easy to check during a call, remove the phone from your ear, place a finger over the two sensors next to the speaker at the top of the screen. The screen should switch "off" immediately and become unresponsive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781