So my Note 4 just ruined its 3rd charger and I don't know why.. The one that came with it (fast charger) stopped working after a 2-3months, then I used a random one from another galaxy phone I had and also stopped working after a few days. Then I used my galaxy s3 charger while a new fast charger didn't come from the warranty and had no problems. The one from the warranty arrived and stopped working today after 2-3 months..

Does anyone know what might be wrong? I always use the same power outlet which works with everything just seems to ruin those fast chargers somehow..
    07-05-2015 11:15 PM
    Sounds like defective phone to me. Its possible the current limiting stuff on the phone is allowing to much juice into the phone and causing the chargers to run hot. Although they should be protecting them selves from doing just that. Either way to me it sounds like a phone / data port issue. Be careful.
    07-06-2015 10:50 AM
    Are you sure it's the phone that's the culprit? Almost sounds to me that the outlet you're using could be the problem. Do you use a surge protector? I'd make sure you do not have an existingg electrical issue for safety reasons.
    07-07-2015 05:44 AM
    You might also want to make sure that the chargers you're using (not including the original) have sufficient capacity. I believe they have to provide at least 2 amps.
    07-07-2015 08:05 AM
    I build and experiment with chargers. I have a number of them that I have made to use on my motorcycles when I use the phone as a GPS on the handlebars.
    For a plain 5 volt charger, the phone would LIKE to have as much as about 1.5 amps. If I use one of my weak chargers, as soon as the phone senses that it is over loading the charger, it simply backs off on the current. No harm. The phone automatically reduces the charge rate to prevent charger damage.
    I also use an old charger on the night stand to charge my Note 4. I suspect it only has a 0.4 amp charge rate, if that. It is a wimp. It has never been hurt by the phone.
    The original chargers are CE rated. So they are ESD, surge and fast transient tested. I doubt it is a power line issue.

I have to wonder if the overload detection in your Note 4 is bad and it is overloading the chargers. Do the chargers get hot?
    07-07-2015 09:52 AM
    I have to wonder if the overload detection in your Note 4 is bad and it is overloading the chargers. Do the chargers get hot?
    They do get a bit hot, not like 'cant touch them' hot but yes a bit hot. Also the original charger is very very hard to get and you pretty much have to wait for the warranty to send a new one unless you're on America or UK where you can get them more easily.. In my country, official Samsung stores only sell charger for note 4 with less amps than the original so I'm not sure they are capable of fast charging.
    07-08-2015 09:13 PM