Should I upgrade the phone if it's still on kitkat or not because of all the issues 5 is having on the note series I read about? Probably be here this week and I am hoping it's still on kitkat. Let me know.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk
    07-06-2015 07:24 AM
    Should I upgrade the phone if it's still on kitkat or not because of all the issues 5 is having on the note series I read about? Probably be here this week and I am hoping it's still on kitkat. Let me know.

If you are getting the phone new, I would guess it was coming with Lollipop. I could be wrong, so let us know.
    07-06-2015 08:26 AM
    Will do. Moving from iPhone 6 plus to it. Be glad to be back in android.

07-06-2015 12:55 PM
    I believe the phone out of the box will have KitKat. If you power on the phone where there is public WiFi (like the Verizon store) it may start downloading Lollipop right away.
    While there have been many complaints about Lollipop on the Note 4 there were also just as many about KitKat. I have used both on the Note 4 and fine that the advantages of Lollipop over KitKat make it a much better choice. Your mileage may vary.
    shaleem and Ntchwaidumela like this.
    07-06-2015 01:12 PM
    If you are getting the phone new, I would guess it was coming with Lollipop. I could be wrong, so let us know.
    Just picked one up for my wife this weekend, and it was still on Kit Kat
    07-06-2015 02:51 PM
    I believe the phone out of the box will have KitKat. If you power on the phone where there is public WiFi (like the Verizon store) it may start downloading Lollipop right away.
    While there have been many complaints about Lollipop on the Note 4 there were also just as many about KitKat. I have used both on the Note 4 and fine that the advantages of Lollipop over KitKat make it a much better choice. Your mileage may vary.
    I just activated my Note 4 yesterday. Came out of the box with KitKat. I went and turned off the automatic update under settings. But didn't matter as once I activated the phone and turned on WiFi it started downloading Lollipop as I got a prompt to install it.
    07-06-2015 06:12 PM
    If you are on verizon and use Bluetooth, try to stay on kitkat at least until they come out with another update that hopefully fixes all the bugs. There is a program called debloater on xda that will let you safely disable all the services that try to update your phone.
    07-06-2015 07:35 PM
    On AT&T here. Thanks for the info guys. Still unsure if i want to move to lollipop.

07-06-2015 09:30 PM
    On AT&T here. Thanks for the info guys. Still unsure if i want to move to lollipop.

I'm on AT&T and I haven't had any issues with lollipop.
    07-06-2015 10:16 PM

I am on Verizon and have had no bluetooth issues with my Kenwood in-dash unit, Voyager headset, or either of my two headphones.
    07-08-2015 09:50 AM

Verizon seems to have more lollipop issues than AT&T
    shaleem likes this.
    07-08-2015 10:24 AM
    I'm on AT&T and I haven't had any issues with lollipop.
    Ditto
    07-08-2015 10:44 AM
    Verizon seems to have more lollipop issues than AT&T
    That's good to know. It should be here tomorrow.
    07-08-2015 06:31 PM
    Got the phone. It had lollipop 5.01. Dang it. But so far seems to be running really good with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    07-09-2015 09:43 PM
    Got the phone. It had lollipop 5.01. Dang it. But so far seems to be running really good with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    I'm surprised it came with Lollipop installed.
    07-24-2015 10:01 AM
    I'm surprised it came with Lollipop installed.
    I got my Note 4 from Verizon (ordered over the phone from Customer Service and shipped to me) two weeks ago, and it came with Lollipop installed. So far I have had no problems at all, but I'm sure there are a lot of features of the phone that I don't use.

Larry
    07-24-2015 10:19 AM