Verizon Note 4 2GB update available via Kies

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Cool, thanks for the info. I kinda like this though. Nice and easy to back up and restore (it seems) so factory resets won't be as bad b/c retrieving the data seems very easy.

Kies doesn't back up your settings or the layout of your screens. It's a very basic backup.

Posted via the Android Central App

gveranes

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
Ok I already update my phone it wasnt over kies, I went to sammobile and downloaded the firmware manually and installed it using Odin...there are not any visible changes, the only one I see so far is MILK app among Samsung's defaults app....nothing else...I hope some bugs and stability issues of Lollipop were fixed aswell....but it remains in android version 5.0.1

gveranes

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
Ok I found another changes...the dialer went back to the dividing lines among the numbers and I think system now handle better with the notifications...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-09-16-26-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-09-16-26-08.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 468
Last edited:

gveranes

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
Does Samsung Smart Switch Mobile make the same funcion as Kies...can you update your phone by this way also??

buenos

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Kies doesn't back up your settings or the layout of your screens. It's a very basic backup.

kies 3 does alot more than basic backup.....contacts....texts...s note & planner...photos...music...(internal)...apps...yes apps..accounts settings

phillthedrill

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the latest KIES version 3 or are you still on version 2.6 which will not work with the Note 4?
Thank you. That fixed it. Now it asks for the serial number in Kies.....none on the sticker on the bottom of the battery compartment. There is none on the about status of the phone......no serial number on the box, all I see everywhere is the MEID number. I can't believe the serial number isn't anywhere. I even checked the verizonwireless page. Does anyone know where it might be?

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Thank you. That fixed it. Now it asks for the serial number in Kies.....none on the sticker on the bottom of the battery compartment. There is none on the about status of the phone......no serial number on the box, all I see everywhere is the MEID number. I can't believe the serial number isn't anywhere. I even checked the verizonwireless page. Does anyone know where it might be?

Check on Samsung's website?

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I tried last night to update. It let me download the software but not install it with kies. I went the opposite direction and went back to kitkat!