Verizon Note 4 2GB update available via Kies

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
A friend of mine told me that there was a 2gb update available on the Verizon Note 4 via Kies.

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Where? I'm looking at it now and seeing nothing.

FTR: This is my first time using KIES. I downloaded it right when I saw this message.

EDIT2: I'm seeing a message that says "This is the latest firmware" on my screen. My guess is it would give me a download link if it were available to be upgraded.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's the way to do it. Might be a slow rollout though, and not all devices would see it at the same time. Or certain batches.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
That's the way to do it. Might be a slow rollout though, and not all devices would see it at the same time. Or certain batches.

Cool, thanks for the info. I kinda like this though. Nice and easy to back up and restore (it seems) so factory resets won't be as bad b/c retrieving the data seems very easy.

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Where? I'm looking at it now and seeing nothing.
. . .
EDIT2: I'm seeing a message that says "This is the latest firmware" on my screen. My guess is it would give me a download link if it were available to be upgraded.
Same here. But after I've plugged/unplugged more than a few times, this popped up(?)

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-08-11-37-42.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-08-11-37-42.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 694

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and looked in Kies just now, but I'm told that mine is the latest firmware:

• Current firmware version : PDA:OAF / CSC:OAF / PHONE:OAF (VZW)
  • Latest firmware version : PDA:OAF / CSC:OAF / PHONE:OAF (VZW)

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and looked in Kies just now, but I'm told that mine is the latest firmware:

• Current firmware version : PDA:OAF / CSC:OAF / PHONE:OAF (VZW)
  • Latest firmware version : PDA:OAF / CSC:OAF / PHONE:OAF (VZW)

I would check again tomorrow and see if it's available.

phillthedrill

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
When I try to use Kies, it's saying the phone is unsupported on the Note 4 for Verizon. I've tried USB debugging on/off but it just says to use Samsung Smart app for faster transfers. Is there something else I should be doing?

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
When I try to use Kies, it's saying the phone is unsupported on the Note 4 for Verizon. I've tried USB debugging on/off but it just says to use Samsung Smart app for faster transfers. Is there something else I should be doing?

Are you using the latest KIES version 3 or are you still on version 2.6 which will not work with the Note 4?

castone001

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
VZW Note4. I cant find KIES anywhere? closest I get is an app called Samsun Update? Where do I download it from? Checked on Galaxy Apps and Play Store?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze