Hello everyone my boyfriend decided to go swimming with his moto x over the weekend. Of course the phone couldn't swim so therefore he now has to purchase a new phone.
    He is set on the Note 4. He going to grab one off ebay. Most on ebay are manufactured unlocked. What does this mean and is there any caution to look for when purchasing an unlocked phone? Also what are the benefits of purchasing unlock and should he look for a certain model number? We are on Verizon network.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Android Central Forums
    07-08-2015 07:44 PM
    Unlocked phones just allows you to connect it with any carrier.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    07-08-2015 08:02 PM
    Hello! Well first off I'm not an "expert" by any stretch of the imagination but here's an interesting article: Where do I shop for unlocked phones? | Android Central

Also: http://www.androidcentral.com/dual-s...o-you-need-one

http://www.androidcentral.com/unlocked-phones-europe

Hopefully these will give you a forward into unlocked cell phones. Anyways, hope you find what you're looking for and enjoy!
    07-08-2015 08:04 PM
    Thanks for the info......ok so would the manufacturer warranty matter if I have the protection plan through verizon or would it be voided through verizon protection plan since its an unlocked version? Hell if they don't sell that version would they even cover the phone?

Sent from my KFTHWI using Android Central Forums
    07-08-2015 09:38 PM
    You have to ask them....every company has the sketchy ways to get around stuff. See what they say but if you use your girl power and flirt with the right dude...u might get it covered and a lower monthly bill. Go to the store in person, them cats are always suckers for a pretty face.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    07-08-2015 10:04 PM