So I have had my Note 4 for nearly 6 months now and the battery has never been what I expected. On a really good day I would get 4 hours of battery life, but usually it is worse, and yes, I have factory reset it. Yesterday for example was absolutely awful. I watched one youtube video at 9 in the morning (20 mins) and left the house for work with 85% battery at 10 in the morning. I worked till about 4 and when I pulled out my phone it was on 20% battery. Keep in mind that the only time i pulled out my phone was to check the time. I have attached all the screenshots of my phones battery info. The phone had 1 and a half hours of screen on time, much of which i attribute to my phone repeatedly turning on in my pocket. Also the strangest thing about this whole instance was i turned my wifi off, yet my phone says it was on the entire time, and I am sure i turned my wifi off. Is this a software problem, or is this a problem with my phone or my battery?
    I am having serious Note 4 battery concerns, is it software or hardware?-screenshot_2015-07-09-15-46-19.jpg
    I am having serious Note 4 battery concerns, is it software or hardware?-screenshot_2015-07-09-15-46-23.jpg
    I am having serious Note 4 battery concerns, is it software or hardware?-screenshot_2015-07-09-15-46-32.jpg
    I am having serious Note 4 battery concerns, is it software or hardware?-screenshot_2015-07-09-15-46-51.jpg
    07-10-2015 05:20 PM
    So I have had my Note 4 for nearly 6 months now and the battery has never been what I expected. On a really good day I would get 4 hours of battery life, but usually it is worse, and yes, I have factory reset it. Yesterday for example was absolutely awful. I watched one youtube video at 9 in the morning (20 mins) and left the house for work with 85% battery at 10 in the morning. I worked till about 4 and when I pulled out my phone it was on 20% battery. Keep in mind that the only time i pulled out my phone was to check the time. I have attached all the screenshots of my phones battery info. The phone had 1 and a half hours of screen on time, much of which i attribute to my phone repeatedly turning on in my pocket. Also the strangest thing about this whole instance was i turned my wifi off, yet my phone says it was on the entire time, and I am sure i turned my wifi off. Is this a software problem, or is this a problem with my phone or my battery?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-07-09-15-46-19.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	108.9 KB 
ID:	186007

Name:	Screenshot_2015-07-09-15-46-23.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	186009

Name:	Screenshot_2015-07-09-15-46-32.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	150.2 KB 
ID:	186011

Name:	Screenshot_2015-07-09-15-46-51.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	186012
    Could be the battery. But also we have to remember it's just a battery we can always replace it or if you like extended batteries like myself just get one of those.

Your friendly neighbor Verizon Galaxy Note 4 😎
    07-10-2015 05:33 PM
    Your mobile signal is horrible, which will murder your battery!! But... it looks like your Wi-Fi was on 100% of the time. Is this the case??
    07-10-2015 06:04 PM
    I must agree that the Note 4 has been sub par but from what I've read the s6 battery is worse. From the screen shots you've posted it definitely looks like you have a software bug. This battery life reminds me of the note 3s after the 4.4.2 update, no matter what you did the battery was just terrible.

On my old network (still on note 4) I had terrible signal and it caused battery drain but nowhere near as bad as what you are experiencing so I don't think that is the main problem. Do you have sync turned on? I'd try another factory reset and if that doesn't help try another battery. If that doesn't help either you may need to contact samsung or your network provider
    07-10-2015 06:57 PM
    I have that wifi stuck on thing too. It just started happening about 2 weeks ago. I KNOW the wifi radio is switched off and so is scanning and so is the Optimization box. I'm still trying to figure it out.
    07-11-2015 09:19 AM
    In Wi-Fi Advanced settings, turn off "Always allow scanning". If this is checked, your Wi-Fi never truly goes off.

I agree with previous comment that your cell signal is not great at all and poor cell signal is one of the primary battery drain areas. Followed by weak Wi-Fi signal.

If it's normal for you to not check your phone while you are working (other than just for the time of day), then use airplane mode. Turn it on when the phone is in your pocket. Turn if off when you pull it out for a few minutes to check for messages.

If that's too much of a hassle, then get an automaton app (Tasker or other) that does it for you.
    Screen on - Airplane mode off.
    Screen off - Airplane mode on.
    Or, have it turn Airplane mode on and then every 30 minutes turn Airplane mode off for 2 minutes.
    Attached Thumbnails I am having serious Note 4 battery concerns, is it software or hardware?-1436629053949.jpg  
    Neo_ii_Droid and Gozadaman like this.
    07-11-2015 11:38 AM
    In Wi-Fi Advanced settings, turn off "Always allow scanning". If this is checked, your Wi-Fi never truly goes off.
    Thanks for this tid bit goin_nil. Again I learned something new or must have somehow missed this. But thank you for the reminder! 😎

Posted via the Android Central App
    goin_nil likes this.
    07-11-2015 11:46 AM
    You are not alone. I have been dealing with the same problems for sometime. I only get 4-5 hours, sometimes less. I purchased 4 additional batteries from Samsung. I had them replaced just last week, but the problem still exist. I have constant rebooting, and freezing issues also. I am beginning to think it's a hardware problem. I have also did a hard reset twice in the past two months, but no changes. I have been back, and forth with Samsung on social media, phone, and via chat. I really think it's the phone. I use to get 18 hours of battery life months after purchase (had mine since launch). I am going to do a online repair, and send mine in. I still have my SGS4 that I can use until I get the Note back.
    07-13-2015 12:47 AM
    Since you've already did a factory reset I really think your issue that you're having are related to apps that you download. There are quite a few apps that don't work well with Lollipop. Some apps are unnecessary either. I would monitor or even remove apps that you don't normally use and go from there. With my note even at heavy usage I got a full 2 days.
    07-13-2015 12:03 PM
    Same here my Note 4 has great battery life especially after the Lollipop update

Posted Via The AT&T Note 4
    07-14-2015 05:23 PM
    Is it normal ??? My note 4 darins 1% in 5 mins . My all bloatware apps are disabled and phone is on power saving mode . I bought this phone on 28 june .
    Yestarday i was charging note 4 . I touch the phone its like burining hot i take off the battery and cool down . Now again i charged and not happen again overheating .
    Sorry for my bad english .

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails I am having serious Note 4 battery concerns, is it software or hardware?-screenshot_2015-07-15-14-28-24.jpg  
    07-15-2015 07:34 AM
    Probably battery. You have a pretty uncommon problem.
    Umar Hafeez likes this.
    07-15-2015 02:30 PM
    For me at least, it seems that "Android System" and "Cell Standby" are using significantly more battery than I remember before the at&t update to 5.0.1, and my battery doesn't seem to last as long before having to do a battery swap or recharge. It seems they used to only account for 1 or 2% of battery consumption, but now are usually between 5 and 8 or 9%.

Factory resets and cache wipes have not seemed to help, either.

Coincidence?

Posted via the Android Central App on my Note 4
    07-15-2015 05:13 PM