Note 4 Upgrade to 5.1.1 or downgrade to 4.4.4? 5.0.1 Bad OS for me

Mark Jemiolo

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi I couldn't find this answer directly on this site. I am trying to change from 5.0.1 on my Note 4 to the best OS available. 5.1.1 or downgrade to 4.4.4? I used Kies 3 to update firmware to 5.0.1, it's too buggy. I was wondering if there's a way I can use Kies 3 to put 4.4.4 back onto it?

Any ideas/input is appreciated! :cool:

SM-N910T

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Not Kies.

But define "best". Fastest? Longest time between battery charges? (Those are usually mutually exclusive, the faster the phone runs, the more power it uses.)

5.1.1 is supposed to be pretty stable - at least the memory leak is gone. But if you want to flash anything else, see [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN.

Bodrul Islam

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm not a note 4 user, so wouldn't be able to tell you the best firmware. However, I have had many other android devices and changed firmwares. The only way I know of to downgrade is installing custom firmware, sometimes you can find stock (official) firmware. Thus can be done via a software called Odin.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Bodrul Islam

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Remember, you can end up bricking your phone if you dark to follow instructions correctly on the website providing the firmware. Just have to search for it. Most custom firmware fine with bugs, but it normally is stated on the site. I have used many custom firmware and some are great, each one good for different reasons. If you do intend to install firmware other than stock, please only install firmwares with positive feedback in the comments, of your new to this, to be safe.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC