I'm using the Moonshine Icon Pack on my Note4 as well as my GNP 12.2 Tablet. There is a calendar icon (blue) that changes date everyday. It's a great icon. Here is my issue. I am using the same calendar icon, the same calendar app on both devices. On my Tablet the date changes daily on the icon(corresponding to the current date) but on my Note4 the date doesn't change at all. I have contacted the developer and he gave me several suggestions to try and fix it but none worked. My Note4 is running Android 5.0.1 and my tablet is running 5.0.2. This issue was happening before updates to Lollipop on either device.
    If anyone housing this icon pack has or had this issue and knows a fix please let me know. Thanks

Posted via Android Central App
    07-13-2015 12:28 PM
    Are you using a custom launcher? I assume that you applied the whole icon set but have you already tried editing the Calendar icon individually?
    07-13-2015 01:51 PM
    Sorry I forgot to mention I am using Nova Launcher Prime. I have applied the whole icon pack and edited the calendar icon. It's odd that it now works on my Tablet and not my phone. When I first installed the icon pack it worked on my phone and not my tablet and now it's just the opposite. I sync my calendars with Google but I'm not using Google calendar app on either device.

07-13-2015 03:51 PM
    Have you checked if the Dynamic icon works with another calendar app? When you edit the icon from Nova and select Moonshine, does the icon include the actual date? This is, the recommended icon before you apply it (my screenshot is with Google Calendar, it's just for you to know what I mean).
    Attached Thumbnails Moonshine Icon Pack-1436818733529.jpg  
    07-13-2015 04:17 PM
    I have not checked if the icon works with another calendar app. When I edit the icon I select the calendar icon from moonshine with the corresponding date for the day I edit it.
    If I understand you correctly, you're saying the icon listed at the top is the one I should select not go into the list and select it. Is that correct? I've done that now so I'll see what happens tomorrow. I'll see if the date changes. Thank you.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-13-2015 06:20 PM
    Javier, I had to wait a few days to make sure my changes worked. I uninstalled then reinstalled Moonshine Icon pack on both devices. I then selected calendar icon on my homescreen to edit, tapped on the calendar icon in edit and when the list of icons appeared I selected Moonshine. It showed me the recommended icons at the top of the list (like you showed). I selected that icon. It works fine on both devices. I had been scrolling down the icon list to the calendar icons and selecting the current date and that's why it never changed. Simple fix but I never figured it out. Thank you very much.

Javier P likes this.
    07-15-2015 09:10 AM
    Glad it helped! Thanks for the follow up.

Yeah, it seems to work only if you tap on the recommended icon, first one in the edit screen. For some people applying the whole icon pack didn't work as well and had to manually edit the calendar icon.

See you around the forums!
    07-15-2015 09:24 AM
    I have the same issue and I'm selecting the icon at the top. I guess I'll delete moonshine and redownload it
    07-15-2015 08:17 PM
    Christine, are you using Nova Launcher or something similar? In Nova you need to go into settings > look and feel, then select Moonshine as the icon pack.

07-16-2015 01:06 AM
    I have nova prime. I'm pretty sure I have that selected already but I'll do it again and check tomorrow
    07-16-2015 03:13 AM
    Christine, another thing I did was go to my homescreen and select apps to get to my all apps section. In there I actually had the calendar icon with the correct date on it. On my homescreen I still had the icon with the date that wouldn't change. I dragged the icon from apps to homescreen and removed (deleted) the icon with the wrong date. It then worked fine. Try that also. Drag the calendar icon from your apps section to your screen even if it has the same dates then delete the one on the screen. I did this even after I changed the icon on the homescreen. Don't know why it works that way but it does. Both my devices working fine now.

Javier P likes this.
    07-16-2015 09:49 AM
    Christine, another thing I did was go to my homescreen and select apps to get to my all apps section. In there I actually had the calendar icon with the correct date on it. On my homescreen I still had the icon with the date that wouldn't change. I dragged the icon from apps to homescreen and removed (deleted) the icon with the wrong date. It then worked fine. Try that also. Drag the calendar icon from your apps section to your screen even if it has the same dates then delete the one on the screen. I did this even after I changed the icon on the homescreen. Don't know why it works that way but it does. Both my devices working fine now.

Thanks for your help!
    07-16-2015 07:41 PM