What is this feature?

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
If I long press on a picture in the gallery App, and select the menu (3 vertical dots). There is a selection to “add to event”. (I selected that as I was hoping to add this picture to a calendar event). It asked me to name the event, which I did, and got a confirmation that the event was added. However I can’t see where the event went as it is not in the calendar. Does anyone know what the “add to event” function in the gallery app is for?

Mannikon

May 11, 2015
Visit site
It's for filtering. Don't know why it's called an "event" though. Try it. Add a few images to an "event" call it something unique like "Boring". Then with all albums shown as in first Gallery screen, tap the three horizontal bars and filter by "event". Default filter is by "album" but you can filter by "time" etc. Or by "event". I suppose it's when you have photos taken at an event say "brother's wedding" and then go through your images or albums and add the ones you want to filter by "brother's wedding" event. Useful but awkwardly named!

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
If I long press on a picture in the gallery App, and select the menu (3 vertical dots). There is a selection to “add to event”. (I selected that as I was hoping to add this picture to a calendar event). It asked me to name the event, which I did, and got a confirmation that the event was added. However I can’t see where the event went as it is not in the calendar. Does anyone know what the “add to event” function in the gallery app is for?

Goes to Gallery Events, just tap the top left 3 line button and select Events:
HRBWosl.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech