I would like some help with a firmware update (5.1.1)

dyrelogan

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to update my model SM-N910C Samsung Note 4 to the current 5.1.1 lollipop because they are just taking way too long to get to Thailand, which phone I have. I read that the Exynos firmware for this model, which I have, is available only in Russia. Tired of waiting nearly 6 months for a OS update after its been out for everyone else. I read that Samsung is notorious for that and I don't expect to get OS M until sometime first quarter next year! Would really love to get alternate downloads so I can update manually without waiting. This is my first Samsung phone and will probably be my last. I'm better off using Nexus as they get their updates as they come out.

Posted via the Android Central App

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I'd like to update my model SM-N910C Samsung Note 4 to the current 5.1.1 lollipop because they are just taking way too long to get to Thailand, which phone I have. I read that the Exynos firmware for this model, which I have, is available only in Russia. Tired of waiting nearly 6 months for a OS update after its been out for everyone else. I read that Samsung is notorious for that and I don't expect to get OS M until sometime first quarter next year! Would really love to get alternate downloads so I can update manually without waiting. This is my first Samsung phone and will probably be my last. I'm better off using Nexus as they get their updates as they come out.

One option is to root your phone. That way, you can install a custom ROM that is of the latest version of Android without having to wait for an OTA. About nexus devices getting updates as soon as they are released, unless you are using an unlocked or Wi-Fi only nexus device, then your carrier still has to approve the update before it is released to the public.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12