I just tried copying my contacts to my SIM card for the first time in my Note 2. I want to take the SIM card and put it into a Note 4. I did not by the Note 4 today as planned as there were none in stock locally. Anyway, I opened my contacts on my phone, opened SIM Management and clicked on Copy contacts to SIM. I selected all, clicked on done and I ended up with duplicated entries in my contacts. The contacts that are on the SIM do NOT have all of the information that are on the local phone or up on GMAIL. I've had nothing but problems trying to copy my music, video, contacts. Help please.
    07-15-2015 09:30 PM
    Do you have your contacts synced to your Google account? That's the best way to transfer them between different devices. When you sign in your new phone they will be downloaded. To avoid duplicates go to your contacts app settings and select "contacts to display". Those being stored in your SIM card usually only keep name and number.
    Neo_ii_Droid likes this.
    07-16-2015 07:43 PM
    Thank you for your quick reply. I am feeling pretty dumb about all of this. I have clicked on every menu item I could trying to figure out how to take what I have on the phone and what I have on the SIM and say copy it to Google. If there is even a sync option, I can't figure it out. I'm still looking, and sigh...looking at the Samsung help on their site too. I'm now seriously considering just repairing the screen on my Note 2 to buy me ore time to figure out how to copy my data. It was really stupid of me to assume that if I said copy my contacts to my SIM, it meant that my contacts were being copied to my SIM. Silly option to have if its not a true copy....should say...copy only part of your data? or copy only the phone number or only the email address....and a random telephone number at that. sorry....just really disappointed in this. I wanted the SIM so that I did not have to share my contacts on Google. If I get them up there, they will get copied back to the local phone and synched with only my pc. Sigh..maybe my new phone will once again be an iphone.
    07-18-2015 01:13 PM
    The contacts sync should be on by default. You can check that under settings - accounts - Google - select your account.

About the SIM card. There's a limit for the data that can be stored there, don't rely on that. Samsung phones have different options to backup your information and migrate to a new phone. Check those options as well. I don't have a Samsung device so I can't help you with that.
    07-18-2015 01:53 PM