Nova App Drawer Organization

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
A couple months ago I found an option in Nova that allows you to create folders in the app drawer to stash your apps. Don't know about everyone else, but I'm seriously anal when it comes to keeping my phone organized, so I really like being able to organize the drawer with folders rather than having 10 pages of apps to sift through.

The problem is that Nova organizes the folders alphabetically by folder name. I prefer to organize them by frequency of use, with most frequently used at the top and then working my way down.

Anyone know if there's a setting that I'm not finding that will allow me to pick and choose the order the folders are listed in? The best I've come up with so far is to put a number in front of the folder name, but I'd really prefer to just organize them the way I want without that extra step.

Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
As far as I know there's no way you can do that. A workaround could be organising your drawer in different tabs. That's what I do and they work great. You can create folders inside the tabs if you need it and enable the horizontal scrolling between them to make things easier.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Using Touchwiz you can rearrange folders simply by dragging them around while in "edit" mode. Nova can't do this?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
You can do that in your home screens but I haven't found a way to rearrange manually folders in the app drawer. There's a couple of settings in Nova about drawer folders but nothing like that.

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Using Touchwiz you can rearrange folders simply by dragging them around while in "edit" mode. Nova can't do this?

As far as I know, this can only be done with folders on your home screen, not within the app drawer itself. I don't even think you can put folders in the app drawer using TW.

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
You can do that in your home screens but I haven't found a way to rearrange manually folders in the app drawer. There's a couple of settings in Nova about drawer folders but nothing like that.

That's what I figured. I used to keep my folders on the home screen, but I really hated having a full screen dedicated just to apps. Once I came across the option in Nova to create folders in the app drawer, I was all over it. Only downside is that the sorting options seem to be limited strictly to alphabetical order. Oh well, I'll shoot an email to the dev and hopefully "drag and drop" can be included in a future update.

Bruce39

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I have Verizon Note 3 using 5.0 - you can move apps & folders around on the page using TW; have not tried on Nova. It fills page top to bottom, so can not have spaces, but you can create other pages & move apps or folders between pages. - go to "apps" & edit. I don't have very many apps, so I have only 2 pages, each are about 2/3 full. The update created folders for Verizon, Google, Tools & Samsung; I created a folder called "Unused Apps 1"

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
As far as I know, this can only be done with folders on your home screen, not within the app drawer itself. I don't even think you can put folders in the app drawer using TW.

I must have a "special" TW since I create folders in my app drawer all the time. LOL!

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you guys are talking about... In TW, open the App drawer, go to settings (three dots), select Create folder.

To rearrange folders in the App drawer, simply go to settings, select "edit" and drag stuff around... including folders.

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I must have a "special" TW since I create folders in my app drawer all the time. LOL!

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you guys are talking about... In TW, open the App drawer, go to settings (three dots), select Create folder.

To rearrange folders in the App drawer, simply go to settings, select "edit" and drag stuff around... including folders.

I haven't used TW in over a year and only used it for about a month, so it must just be an option that I hadn't discovered before going to a custom launcher.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci