What version did this update to? what the benefits to it?
    07-17-2015 07:48 AM
    A couple of carriers have done updates lately. Best bet is to mention what carrier you are using, then go into settings / general / about device and post what you find in the "Android version" and "Build number" fields.
    07-17-2015 08:33 AM
    No update here and I'm on AT&T

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4
    07-17-2015 08:36 AM
    sorry, it's Verizon 5.0.1 hardware Version n910v05. I looked up info on this and couldn't find much
    07-17-2015 08:45 AM
    IMO This phone use to be my daily driver, a beast that never stuttered, never lagged, and more importantly had a killer battery but since the lollipop update it has become something I do not even want to use...I wish we would get 5.1.1 or just something to fix terrible battery drain and memory leaks. This phone is one of the best, It just needs better management.
    07-17-2015 10:16 AM
    least we have fast charge.. That reminds, I need to get a battery for hunting season
    07-17-2015 10:22 AM
    If it's Verizon, it's probably this one: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...n-morning.html

Changelog is about the 3rd or 4th comment. Nothing spectacular, although I'm jealous of the fingerprint reader working for Exchange EAS, because I can't get it to work in MobileIron at all (grrr).
    07-17-2015 10:35 AM
    Received the Verizon Update yesterday and see no change.
    07-17-2015 10:36 AM
    What version did this update to? what the benefits to it?
    Benefits? It will decrease your phone's battery life and make it laggy.
    07-17-2015 11:48 PM
    That's not what I'm experiencing.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Neo_ii_Droid and Tatt2014 like this.
    07-18-2015 12:02 AM
    IMO This phone use to be my daily driver, a beast that never stuttered, never lagged, and more importantly had a killer battery but since the lollipop update it has become something I do not even want to use...I wish we would get 5.1.1 or just something to fix terrible battery drain and memory leaks. This phone is one of the best, It just needs better management.
    Current known problem that has been discussed from XDA to AC and other places are the Mobile Data battery consumption with 5.0 and the memory leaks which cause bad performance when you are multi task.

Turning off Mobile Data as much as you can, helps a lot. Regarding memory leaks there isn't anything we can do besides switching back to Kit Kat or wait for 5.1
    07-18-2015 04:01 AM
    That's not what I'm experiencing.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Current known problem that has been discussed from XDA to AC and other places are the Mobile Data battery consumption with 5.0 and the memory leaks which cause bad performance when you are multi task.

Turning off Mobile Data as much as you can, helps a lot. Regarding memory leaks there isn't anything we can do besides switching back to Kit Kat or wait for 5.1
    Same here, and I have to agree some with what's been said. Personally, I like going with dark themes, lowering the display brightness settings, and disabling what I really do not use. Limiting those apps that I'll use only occasionally such as GSam Battery Monitor Pro, Greenify Pro or SD Maid Pro and enabling/disabling when I need to. Of course Your Method May Vary Accordingly so.
    07-18-2015 08:32 PM
    Luckily I reverted to KK right after the LP 5.0 update came out. I don't see any of the LP issues I've read about on the forums. I wish all carriers would really investigate what an update will do before releasing it... or leave the damn OS alone and stop messing with it! I feel sorry for all the people experiencing these random LP problems.
    Tatt2014 likes this.
    07-18-2015 09:07 PM
    Luckily I reverted to KK right after the LP 5.0 update came out. I don't see any of the LP issues I've read about on the forums. I wish all carriers would really investigate what an update will do before releasing it... or leave the damn OS alone and stop messing with it! I feel sorry for all the people experiencing these random LP problems.
    Yeah probably is carrier based,

I've noticed that my Portuguese carrier 5.0 Is really full of problems from Bluetooth connections to memory leaks. Besides the translation (which I don't use I use the phone in English) they did nothing.
    07-20-2015 04:15 AM
    I got the update days ago and phone is working just fine, no complains.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    hdhuntr likes this.
    07-20-2015 08:57 AM