Hi Friends,
    I have an Iphone 6 plus which i am planning to ditch and move to note4.
    # Ip6+ has excellent battery ( almost 9+ hrs On screen time) but it's not a deal breaker as Note 4 has fast charging.
    # IOS is good BUT stale and boring.
    # I am missing android customisation, extra Sd card storage.
    ### All those who say iphone doesn't lag are liers. My 6+ lags..
    # Feels iphone is good for ladies and those who prefer simplicity and locked ecosytem.

My concerns:
    1. I've read lollypop has spoiled Note 4 of many people. I plan to keep mine on kitkat till next stable release comes.
    2. Battery backup- Average on screen time ?
    3. Random reboots and regular sluginess?
    4. Touchwiz is bearable ??

I plan to keep Note 4 for at least 1.5 years. I dont' have budget for note 5.

Suggestions plz
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    07-17-2015 11:44 AM
    Honestly I would definitely wait for the Note 5, its shaping up to be a beast if you can deal with lack of SD and removable battery.
    07-17-2015 11:54 AM
    For ladies? What does that mean?

Posted via the Android Central App
    jimd1050 likes this.
    07-17-2015 12:52 PM
    I've personally had zero problems with Lollipop and I love Touchwiz.

The Note 4 I've had for just a few months now, but its the best phone I've ever had.

But that's just my opinion.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4
    ak_r7, Droidful and Carlo Villa like this.
    07-17-2015 02:05 PM
    No problem with Lollipop here. No reboots. The Note 4 is still an great phone which performs exellent. The screen, the camera, the S-Pen, support for 128 GB mcard, need I say more ? I have tried the iPhone myself and found it boring and restricted, like I kind of lost my freedom.
    jordyd, ak_r7 and Sergiusz Jasper like this.
    07-17-2015 02:40 PM
    I had the L upgrade forced on me about 2 days after I got my phone. No real problems, excellent battery life, etc etc.

I reboot my phone every few days. I probably don't need to, but I experience practically no lag or any other annoyance either. Besides, rebooting takes all of 90 seconds. I can't help but laugh at people when they complain about having to reboot their phones every now and then.

Couldn't tell you much about TW on the Note 4 because the 1st thing I did once I got home was install Nova. I played with TW for about an hour total. Seemed fine.

goin_nil, jimd1050 and ak_r7 like this.
    07-17-2015 10:22 PM
    Here are some recommendations:

1. Replace touch wizz with a custom launcher Nova and Apex are the best ones.
    2. Root it and then install Greenify this greatly improves the already very good battery life
    3. If you are happy with Kit Kat stick with it else there are great custom Roms for Lollipop such as simple Rom, Bobcat and Alliance

I reboot my Note twice day (morning and at bed time), it takes only 70 seconds so not a big deal for me. Also one thing you should do is look at xda-developers for a Debloater and run it no need to accept useless junk on such a great phone.
    ak_r7 likes this.
    07-17-2015 10:33 PM

2. Root it and then install Greenify this greatly improves the already very good battery life
    3. If you are happy with Kit Kat stick with it else there are great custom Roms for Lollipop such as simple Rom, Bobcat and Alliance

I reboot my Note twice day (morning and at bed time), it takes only 70 seconds so not a big deal for me. Also one thing you should do is look at xda-developers for a Debloater and run it no need to accept useless junk on such a great phone.
    Lollipop has the battery issues due to Mobile Data/Wi-Fi and the horrible memory leak which causes performances issues when all cores are running.

However, it's something that can be avoided if you don't super multi task.

Besides that, we got 5.1 soon.

Carrtman is right on replacing TouchWiz with a custom Launcher, I'm currently using Nova Launcher.

You can also use Google own Google Now Launcher.

Regarding rooting and greenify, this is really true but then again are you ready to lose warranty?
    07-18-2015 04:04 AM
    It will be the worst switch of century. I am sure you will regret this. Just stay with ios.

07-18-2015 07:06 AM
    If someone else reading this has no issues with lollipop, please add your voice here too.

I had no battery or reboot issues with Kitkat. My Note 4 is the same after upgrade to Lollipop - no random reboots, no battery issues, battery lasts just as long as before. I did NOT factory reset after the lollipop upgrade.

I suspect that there are much fewer people that DO have issues after Lollipop and tend to be more vocal on the forums (rightfully so) than the majority of other people (like me) that have NO issues with Lollipop.

I agree with your reasons to switch. My wife has the iPhone 6 and I have NO desire to use it at all. It's way too restrictive in what it can do (customize). And even though it's bigger than her previous iPhone, it's still tiny compared to my Note 4.

Plus, she has MORE problems with her iPhone than I've every had with my Note 4:
    - laggy at times
    - some apps (YouTube & Facebook) only play videos on 4G, not Wi-Fi - which is killing her data plan usage.
    - some apps won't allow her to update them even though the App Store shows an update available.

She has done a factory reset a couple times but the issues remain.

I'm not saying all Android phones are issue free but I have to laugh when I read people's posts saying/implying that iPhones are prefect. Even in this thread there are some, " Don't switch to Android! You'll regret it! iPhones are prefect!"

I guess when you compare apples to apples, not all apples are alike. :-)
    dedhedAndy and Droidful like this.
    07-18-2015 08:22 AM
    It's am awesome device. Especially with the 200$ being offered through Samsung until the 25th of this month m

07-18-2015 09:21 AM
    I have had ZERO problems since Lollipop. LOVE IT!
    ( I even like the orange color for messages )

Posted via Galaxy Note 4
    07-18-2015 09:37 AM
    It will be the worst switch of century. I am sure you will regret this. Just stay with ios.

Trolling a Note forum when you have a iPhone? You probably have their watch too lol.

Carlo Villa likes this.
    07-18-2015 10:42 AM
    I have no issues with my Note 4 with L. In fact I prefer L over KK because it once again allows the extSD card to store Apps on it.
    I prefer TW to all the others, and yes I have used them all. TW is designed specifically to run on the Note 4 and gives you the best utilization of the special features and the S pen.
    Bloatware is in the eye of the beholder. I don't bother with root (when available) or bloatware removal with the Note 4. Most of the things someone using it for work can be disabled. I don't see any lag or slow down and if you simply don't set such apps up they simply don't effect the performance from a practical standpoint in my experience.
    With freedom of choice comes responsibility to go through the steeper learning curve. Do that and you will be extremely pleased with the power and usefulness of the Note 4.
    IMO all the hullabaloo about the anticipated lack of SD slot and removable battery is just that. With the anticipated 128GB internal very high speed memory specs the SD slot is not really necessary and would only slow down the Note 5 because extSD cards are very much slower than internal memory that Samsung is using.
    So you have two great choices to pick from. Each having different strong points and options. Enjoy your choice.
    07-18-2015 10:56 AM
    Trolling a Note forum when you have a iPhone? You probably have their watch too lol.

I am not trolling . What makes you think so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-18-2015 01:33 PM

No I'm using a note 4 with a custom kernel with root so I can remove the bloat I never asked to make this device run nearly smooth as an I device. Which again fails to do so.

Admit it, paying premium price does Not yield premium experience in every situation. I'm trying hard to make this device work as good as it's price.

Shamesung may be the best microelectronics company after Intel but they surely don't know what software means.

BTW FYI I'm using an international n910c.

07-18-2015 03:10 PM
    Thank you all for the inputs.
    Decided not to get Note 4
    << Thread closed>>
    07-18-2015 05:16 PM
    Sounds like you are just itching for a change. You spelled out some of the pro's and con's of the 6+ and I think that if you just "bored" and want to try something new (which is cool and I do it all the time) Get the Note 4 after the 5 launch and save a ton of money and keep the 6+ around to switch back to after the novelty wears off. Both phones are great but at the end of the day, my guess you go back (or stay) with the 6+

Good luck with your choice
    ak_r7 likes this.
    07-19-2015 08:05 AM
    I just switched a week ago from an iPhone 6 plus to note 4 and loving it. After doing the developer fix, most of the lag issues I had are gone and it's running great on lollipop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    07-19-2015 10:31 PM

I'm waiting for my shiny new verizon note 4 to arrive from Costco!

I'm currently on rooted s4 with Nova. I'm co Ferber about getting a forced upgrade and not being able to root. Can you please point me in the direction where to find the root. I want to get a jump start on the process, slow WiFi and older brain...
    thanks for any help.

ヅ Droidatar
    (knows just enuf to brick it)
    Rooted S4 MDK I545 stock 4.2.2

"If someone helps, never forget to hit thanks 😘 "
    08-26-2015 12:20 PM