Ever since I upgraded routers to an Arris with Time Warner Cable, my phone has been loading images super slow as well as videos whenever I'm in my home WiFi. Our speeds are very good, in fact, better than my office or public TWC WiFi hotspots. But ever since we upgraded routers, almost all apps have been loading slow or or not even loading. For example, Snapchat doesn't load, YouTube takes forever to load, Twitter takes forever to load, and many other apps are similarly the same. Web pages load fine. I've called and replaced the router multiple times and factory resetted my phone as well. The apps load fine on my phone whenever I use 4G LTE or other WiFi networks. It's only my home WiFi that is having this problem ever since we upgraded routers because we upgraded speeds. We used to have a Motorola surfboard thing. Other devices like iPhone's and computers work find, its just my Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

I'm not sure if it is the settings on the router or something, just wanted to ask if anyone can help me fix this. Thanks!
    07-18-2015 05:25 PM
    Check the router's settings, or ask TWC to. Some routers' implementation of TKIP doesn't work very well with Android. TKIP+AES encryption has the same problem. The router has to be set to use AES only. (And even then, some routers, like Linksys, are super slow with Android. I ended up with a cheap Netgear WNR2000 which works just fine.)
    07-18-2015 05:53 PM
    Also, be sure to "forget" the connection on your phone so the router can be rediscovered.
    07-18-2015 06:03 PM
    Check the router's settings, or ask TWC to. Some routers' implementation of TKIP doesn't work very well with Android. TKIP+AES encryption has the same problem. The router has to be set to use AES only. (And even then, some routers, like Linksys, are super slow with Android. I ended up with a cheap Netgear WNR2000 which works just fine.)
    It has always been set to WPA2-PSK (AES).

Also, be sure to "forget" the connection on your phone so the router can be rediscovered.
    I've done too. Not sure what to do now...

Anyone that can help would be greatly appreciated!
    07-18-2015 07:03 PM
    There was someone else that had a similar problem where other devices would work fine except his phone. He also tried everything. What solved it for him was simply resetting the router even though he had done it multiple times. The last time it worked for some strange reason. I'm sure you already reset the router, and being new, it should have reset by itself when installed. I don't know what the problem could be, but it's probably not the phone unless maybe you're running some kind of antivirus or firewall app on your phone.

At this point, I would temporarily disable security on the router and see if your phone can connect to an "open" wifi connection. Also if you have any apps on the phone that might be set to real time monitoring, I would disable them too. Nothing to lose at this point.
    07-18-2015 07:52 PM
    You might try updating the router firmware. Worth a shot...
    07-18-2015 08:38 PM
    Thanks everyone, I've done everything you guys have said but it is still being slow. Any help? Thanks!
    07-18-2015 11:44 PM