Facebook woes.

FireflyCarma

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
I am having an issue with Facebook on my note 4. Every time I open a link in the app it crashes the app.

Anyone have any solutions to this?

Posted via the Android Central App

heavyvino

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Works just fine on my note 4 but sometimes Facebook will crash on my nexus7.

This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and eat meat in it.

PublicImageLtd

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I am having an issue with Facebook on my note 4. Every time I open a link in the app it crashes the app.

If you're in the UK I wouldn't worry. The Government are trying to ban Facebook, and WhatsApp, amongst others. Looks like going through though. Bah! Tory government!!!

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site

Open your FB app, go into the app settings, and set your preference for web links to open in an external browser (I use Chrome).

FB's "internal browser" is pure garbage and is most likely the problem. I haven't had a problem at all since changing this setting.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-20-10-51-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-20-10-51-06.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot_2015-07-20-10-52-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-20-10-52-15.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 79

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
In the meantime, the Facebook mobile site (which is all I ever use any more) is pretty functional in Chrome, and doesn't require the permissions of the Facebook app. It can at least tide you through until the app can be fixed, and you might find you like it better.

Larry_F

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
A couple of suggestions that I have not yet seen on this thread which apply to most any case where one app is misbehaving:

Go to Settings->Applications->Application Manager, find Facebook, Force Stop and then Clear Cache. Back out , and see if the problem is still happening.

If that doesn't work, you can go to the same place as above and Force Stop and then Clear Data. Note that if you do this you will have to login to Facebook and reenter all of your Facebook settings just as if you were running the app for the first time.

And in both of the above cases all of your Facebook feed to be displayed must be re-downloadad so if you are concerned about the amount of data being downloaded it is best to do this while on WiFi.

Larry

FireflyCarma

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Thank you everyone for responding to the issue. Sorry for getting back to this so late. Lots happening right now. I am going to try a few of your suggestions.

I am pretty much living in a hotel for the next few weeks and Facebook keeps me from going nuts. It is pretty much the only way I keep in contact with friends and family.

Anywho-- thanks again! I will try these suggestions and hopefully something will work out. My husband got a sgs 6 the same time I got this note4 and he has had no problems whatsoever.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Been happening to me for a while now, only happens when I click on a link and it opens a new window. I just did millerwa76's recommendation as well as Larry_F's. Hopefully this fixes it, very annoying.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problems with the Note 3, and they still remain with the Note 4. I believe it to be a Facebook problem, not the phone's. One of these days, FB may get it fixed. Yeah, right.

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problems with the Note 3, and they still remain with the Note 4. I believe it to be a Facebook problem, not the phone's. One of these days, FB may get it fixed. Yeah, right.

It's definitely a FB problem (at least in the sense that their app doesn't play nice with Samsung). FB app has never been a great app, imo....both on iOS and Android.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It's definitely a FB problem (at least in the sense that their app doesn't play nice with Samsung). FB app has never been a great app, imo....both on iOS and Android.
Instead of trying to add this and that, I wish they would concentrate on fixing the problems they already have.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

murtis328

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I've been having this issue with fb widget not showing status updates... widget displays 'Facebook statuses are currently not available.' This has been going on in this way for several months and I have not been able to find any resolution to this anywhere. I've even sent a query to fb a few months back and haven't heard anything from them on this matter.

It appears no one else is having this issue from my research so I'm really dumbfounded as to why this is only happening to me. If anyone has any insight to this your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-25-10-06-00-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-25-10-06-00-1.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 15