Can anyone recommend camera settings for best pics? Or just any tips in general? I still haven’t wrapped my head around the camera on the Note 4. I usually just leave it at default.

EDIT: Also, everytime I switch to self while taking a pic, it gives me an message "com.vilingo.midas is disabled" If I enable it, it's the S voice.

Thanks!
    07-20-2015 12:27 PM
    On my SGN.IV's camera settings I go with manual for the ISO and either Center weighted or Matrix for the Metering modes. I'll adjust the Exposure value accordingly.

Yes. I have the Voice control enabled and prefer it than tapping the screen to avoid further "shake" if you will.

Of course Your Methods May Vary accordingly so. Enjoy! 😎

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-20-2015 03:23 PM
    EDIT: Also, everytime I switch to self while taking a pic, it gives me an message "com.vilingo.midas is disabled" If I enable it, it's the S voice.
    Is this a question or a revelation?
    etdoner likes this.
    07-21-2015 04:39 AM
    Here's my tip: try other camera apps, I recommend ABC (A Better Camera) and FV-5. YMMV
    07-21-2015 02:55 PM
    I use Sport Mode most of the time. It adjusts the settings to minimize blur of moving objects and 99% of my photos are of moving objects, even when they're (my children and their friends or my dogs) "attempting" to hold still for a portrait.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    07-21-2015 09:49 PM
    Can anyone recommend camera settings for best pics? Or just any tips in general?
    I like to use HDR mode for scenery pictures to really catch vibrant colors. HDR is not good at all for motion shots since it basically takes two shots (1 is brighter, other is darker) at nearly the same time and merges them together, taking the best from both pics. Don't use HDR for motion shots because of it stitching two pictures together, any motion will be blurry.

That's a basic explanation of how HDR works from a non photographer.

I also like to quickly edit those HDR shots with Snapseed to further enhance them in several ways (remove shadows, brighten, add warmth, etc).
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tware.snapseed

Attached are two scenic shots I took a couple hours ago and manually enhanced with Snapseed.

A 100+ year old covered bridge (recently rebuilt since a garbage truck caused it to fall into the creek several years ago) and a sunset over a farm.

What do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Camera settings-1437531503986.jpg   Camera settings-1437531519309.jpg  
    07-21-2015 10:21 PM
    I agree with HDR mode, I use it a lot, but not for everything. Also Sports is good as said above for moving objects, like my dog. I found a tip on here about changing the White Balance to whatever mode you're in helped me a lot. All my indoor pics were yellow tinted, now I just change the White Balance from Auto, to incandescent for the indoor pics, or florescent depending on the type of lighting. Now, no more yellow tint to indoor pics. Also, Daytime mode helps a lot too with Outside pics. These few tips I picked up on here and from friends, help me take better pics. I found that using Auto Mode is pretty hit or miss, or you end up taking a lot of pics to get a few good ones. So I only use that when don't have time to change settings.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    07-22-2015 12:25 AM
    Here's an example of Sport Mode with my daughter swinging. Only blur is some of her hair and her knee/shin area.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    07-22-2015 08:10 PM
    O Meu note 4 apesar de ter memória interna livre e cartão com memória livre não guarda as fotos dá a mensagem impossível encontrar item. Alguma sugestão?
    07-23-2015 06:45 AM
    O Meu note 4 apesar de ter memória interna livre e cartão com memória livre não guarda as fotos dá a mensagem impossível encontrar item. Alguma sugestão?

Translation:
    My note 4 despite having free internal memory and card with free memory does not store the pictures gives the message impossible to find item. Any suggestion?
    Are you saying that you are trying to set the camera storage location to your expandable SD memory card to store pictures that you take but the camera won't let you switch from internal phone memory to the SD memory card?

If so, turn the phone off, remove the SD memory card. Put it back in and try again.

If that does not solve it, can you see your SD memory card storage levels in the settings, like the image below?

If so, how much available space do you have in the SD memory card?
    Attached Thumbnails Camera settings-1437663394375.jpg  
    07-23-2015 10:57 AM