About 3 weeks ago I started getting pop ups for Google Play Store Apps. It was mildly annoying at first but tolerable. But now its gotten insane. I can't play a game on my phone at all because the pop ups come at me over and over. I close one out and another opens 10 seconds later. I get app pop ups and now I am getting car commercials and other stuff in video. I can't close them out until they run for 5 seconds usually. It happens when I am in apps and when I am not. I deleted all apps that I had downloaded around the time it started and it didn't work.

My phone is the Galaxy Note 4

I made sure pop ups were set to be blocked in my browser and it made no difference at all. I read a few suggestions in some other forums and tried things and nothing has worked.

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
    07-20-2015 04:51 PM
    Probably the easiest, surest fix in this case is just do a factory reset. Don't forget to do backups first!

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001.
    07-20-2015 04:55 PM
    About 3 weeks ago I started getting pop ups for Google Play Store Apps. It was mildly annoying at first but tolerable. But now its gotten insane. I can't play a game on my phone at all because the pop ups come at me over and over. I close one out and another opens 10 seconds later. I get app pop ups and now I am getting car commercials and other stuff in video. I can't close them out until they run for 5 seconds usually. It happens when I am in apps and when I am not. I deleted all apps that I had downloaded around the time it started and it didn't work.

My phone is the Galaxy Note 4

I made sure pop ups were set to be blocked in my browser and it made no difference at all. I read a few suggestions in some other forums and tried things and nothing has worked.

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
    Have you downloaded any apps recently? Could be an app that's causing the device to do that. When something similar like that happened to me. I did a factory reset.

Quote The Note 4 Never More😤
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    07-20-2015 04:56 PM
    If I do a factory re-set will I lose all my pictures and vides and contacts on the phone?
    07-20-2015 05:00 PM
    Contacts should be backed up to your Google account. If you haven't been doing so I *highly* recommend that you do. If you save contacts to Google it's almost impossible to lose them. As long as you save to Google you have immediate online backup and restoring or transferring them to a new phone is a snap.

If you have not saved contacts to Google, here's how to get them saved there:

1. On the phone, export the contacts as a .vcf file.

2. Transfer the file to a computer for upload. Be sure to make a backup copy.

3. Login online to your Google (Gmail) account. Import the contacts file to the Gmail contacts.

4. After resetting the phone and re-adding your Google account to it, contacts should automatically sync to it.

You are done. Be sure to always save additions/deletions/edits to your contacts to your Google account.

To backup photos, music, documents, etc the fastest way is to copy over to a computer via USB cable, WiFi or cloud storage. There's apps for saving SMS/MMS. Backup everything you want to keep it will be gone!

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001.
    tadpoles likes this.
    07-20-2015 05:37 PM
    Before you do something drastic like a factory reset, there are apps you can use to detect which apps might be causing this.

This one might work.

Airpush detector:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...irpushdetector

Search this forum for "airpush" and you'll find other suggestions like this:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=537363
    07-20-2015 11:15 PM
    If you notice a new notification in your notification bar that pops-up when these ads pop-up:
    1. Open the notification bar.
    2. Long press on the offending notification.
    3. Click the "i" icon.
    4. That will take you directly to the installed app that is launching the notification.
    5. Depending on what that app is, decide if you want to delete it.
    6. If you can't delete it, maybe its a built in app (not likely) and you can try disabling it instead.
    07-20-2015 11:23 PM
    If you notice a new notification in your notification bar that pops-up when these ads pop-up:
    1. Open the notification bar.
    2. Long press on the offending notification.
    3. Click the "i" icon.
    4. That will take you directly to the installed app that is launching the notification.
    5. Depending on what that app is, decide if you want to delete it.
    6. If you can't delete it, maybe its a built in app (not likely) and you can try disabling it instead.
    Excellent suggestion!

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    goin_nil likes this.
    07-21-2015 08:51 PM