Google Maps Gives Wrong Location

iOS Refugee

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I recently moved residences and having problem with Maps on my GSN4. When I open Maps, it shows my location at my previous home which is 10 miles away.

I've cleared my cache, uninstalled the Maps updates and then reinstalled updates, still to no avail. Any advice appreciated.

Regards

iOS Refugee

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the tips. I was hoping someone had a fix. Maps seems to be working properly other than giving me the wrong "home" location. When I'm actually driving, everything appears to be working right.

geebdroid

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Change your location settings to GPS only. If you are using the same SSID on your WiFi at the new address it may confuse the location service.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tips. I was hoping someone had a fix. Maps seems to be working properly other than giving me the wrong "home" location. When I'm actually driving, everything appears to be working right.

You can in Maps set your HOME location. Are you sure you didn't previously set it and even with the reinstall, it is picking that up?
Check SETTINGS, edit HOME/WORK locations.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
You can in Maps set your HOME location. Are you sure you didn't previously set it and even with the reinstall, it is picking that up?
Check SETTINGS, edit HOME/WORK locations.

Yeah, that's what I think the OP's problem is. The link I posted above is Google's instructions on doing this ("Save your home and work addresses").

iOS Refugee

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, that's what I think the OP's problem is. The link I posted above is Google's instructions on doing this ("Save your home and work addresses").

Hey guys - thanks for all the tips. Tried them all and continued to have the same problem. I did a factory reset and now Maps is working properly. A big hassle but I'm happy as Maps is one of my favorite Apps.

Regards

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma