Note 4 won't turn on

Phantasmal Images

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
My phone locked up today, and I had to pull the battery out, but now it won't turn on. The battery is fully charged, if I plug it in, it shows the charging animation. Tried holding the power button for over 30 seconds, tried holding power, volume up, and home, both nothing.

Not rooted, running the latest version of Android on Verizon.

VerizonDroidMotoX

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes I am not sure but released recently think about a month or so but a few have had phones just die on them when it took update. Best bet is to call Verizon and let them know, Phones under warranty.

Phantasmal Images

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I went to Verizon, tried everything I already did, as well as putting a new battery in it. No luck. They said it looks like the power button failed. Unfortunately since I bought it when they first came out, it's not under warranty anymore. They let me sign up for their protection plan though, and they're overnighting me a new phone.

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I went to Verizon, tried everything I already did, as well as putting a new battery in it. No luck. They said it looks like the power button failed. Unfortunately since I bought it when they first came out, it's not under warranty anymore. They let me sign up for their protection plan though, and they're overnighting me a new phone.

I thought the Note 4 has a 1-year warranty. The phone only came out in mid-October 2014. It's only 9 months old. 😕

Posted via the Android Central App on my Note 4

Phantasmal Images

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I thought the Note 4 has a 1-year warranty. The phone only came out in mid-October 2014. It's only 9 months old. ??????

You're right... and I just checked Verizon's website, which confirms a 1 year warranty on manufacturing defects. I'm going to have to have a talk with Verizon. At the time I just wasn't thinking because I needed my phone again ASAP (I can't work without it). :(

Phantasmal Images

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I thought the Note 4 has a 1-year warranty. The phone only came out in mid-October 2014. It's only 9 months old. 😕

You're right... and I just checked Verizon's website, which confirms a 1 year warranty on manufacturing defects. I'm going to have to have a talk with Verizon. At the time I just wasn't thinking because I needed my phone again ASAP (I can't work without it). :(

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes I am not sure but released recently think about a month or so but a few have had phones just die on them when it took update. Best bet is to call Verizon and let them know, Phones under warranty.

This happened to my son's Note 4 on Sprint. Would not give any indication, no charge light or response to any buttons. Phone was just dead. Took it to Sprint store and they ordered a warranty replacement. We just picked up his replacement today.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma