09-27-2015 03:30 AM
87 1234
tools
    I use the S Pen daily. It's great for jotting notes, I just added a contact today after writing his name and number in an Action Memo. Also, if you open Action Memo while on a call and take a few notes, the next time your talking with the same number it will give you a shortcut to your note right from the dialer screen.

OneNote is also a great place to use the S Pen. Hand written notes on the go are just so much easier than trying to use a keyboard.

I love making funny notes on a photo and sending it to my wife or kids.

Posted via the Android Central App
    dcstuntman likes this.
    07-23-2015 07:01 PM
    I use my spen all the time. It's my digital notepad for work.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    dcstuntman likes this.
    07-23-2015 08:58 PM
    If it were not for the s pen, I probably would of gone for a Nexus 6. I use nova prime for my home screen, I don't use many of the apps provided by Samsung. But I don't think I would like the nexus as much as I love my note 4

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    07-23-2015 10:33 PM
    Here are a couple good tutorials for uses for the Note 4 spen.

The Action Memo is much, much more than just a memo.

http://theunlockr.com/2013/12/16/use...-device-s-pen/

And:

https://www.androidpit.com/best-gala...s-pen-features
    Ian Hackett1 likes this.
    07-24-2015 09:48 AM
    I used the s pen daily when I had a Note 2.I have a Note Pro 12.2 and use the pen all the time.

What makes a Note phone a Note?
    Large Screen
    Top processor
    s pen
    Removable Battery
    SD Card slot

What I don't need in a new Note
    Knox
    Metal Body
    4k resolution
    Touch Wiz
    Fingerprint Scanner

I'd like to have Wireless Charging built in and an option for stock Android 5.1.1 and later for M.

Have a spare battery and dock in the box like they get in Korea.
    indysteve9 likes this.
    07-24-2015 12:09 PM
    I use the S-Pen for quick notes mostly but I use the S-Pen more on my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 where I use it and S Note. That's a good combination!!
    07-24-2015 02:14 PM
    COMPLETELY DISAGREE

I had NOTE2 and NOTE3, left sammy for MOTOX, much happier with the lack of touchwiz, but I miss the Spen. The screenshot with a pen click and then editing (ie signing documents) is difficult, oh wait no, impossible to replicate with 3rd party apps. I might just slink back to NOTE5 just for this
    07-26-2015 07:03 PM
    I use mine all the time. I still have an S3, and when I use it for some things, I instinctively try to remove the S-Pen (which it doesn't have, obviously).

You may think it's not useful, but try getting into the habit of using it. I moved into an apartment with a dish washer when I was young, and I didn't use it for 6 months or more. Then I figured I'd try it, and discovered how much nicer it was than washing my dishes by hand. Sometimes you just have to use something to find out what a difference it makes.
    GregMargie and dcstuntman like this.
    07-26-2015 10:42 PM
    I'm not fond of using S-PEN at all and i rarely use it on my Note 4.
    07-27-2015 04:43 AM
    I traded my beloved Nokia 1520 for this Galaxy Note 4, due to the fact my work related apps were never going to migrate to the windowsphone ecosystem...

I hate this phone and would gladly trade it to anyone with a Nokia 920 or 1520 or 1020 they are no longer using...

The day of the trade the salesman showed me things he thought were nifty about the s-pen... I've never pulled it out again, until this thread appeared... oddly, I was a loyal palm user, stylus and all... so I'm not really understanding my resistance... outside of the sheer ugliness of the phone, the screen and the layout...

The size is odd, I have small hands and fingers, but it doesn't sit well in my hand. I'd prefer it to be larger and round. the button is hard to push much less see...

I need to clear my mind I suppose, become open to change...

But I really will trade with anyone who is willing to trade the three phones above...
    07-27-2015 11:11 AM
    The Lumia 1520 is a nice phone but I love my Note 4.

from the Elegance
    07-27-2015 05:42 PM
    There is so much you can do with just the action memo. You can write down info, while on a call or not and from that action memo, using the spen, you can email someone, add someone to your contacts, add an appointment to your calendar, go to a website in the browser, call someone, put an address into the navigation of maps and bring up the map.
    Attached Thumbnails I have never used the S-Pen in my Note 4, Note 3, and Note 2.... (never even pulled it out)-1438132229574.jpg   I have never used the S-Pen in my Note 4, Note 3, and Note 2.... (never even pulled it out)-1438132245246.jpg  
    GregMargie and Ian Hackett1 like this.
    07-28-2015 08:10 PM
    Posted before I added a couple other pics.

I am always taking a note of a phone number, address, name, email address, or appointment time while on the phone. I never need a pen and paper and I can add it to where it needs to go, place a call, map it, look it up on the Web, send a text, send an email, etc, with two taps.
    Attached Thumbnails I have never used the S-Pen in my Note 4, Note 3, and Note 2.... (never even pulled it out)-1438132295727.jpg   I have never used the S-Pen in my Note 4, Note 3, and Note 2.... (never even pulled it out)-1438132309136.jpg   I have never used the S-Pen in my Note 4, Note 3, and Note 2.... (never even pulled it out)-1438132325055.jpg   I have never used the S-Pen in my Note 4, Note 3, and Note 2.... (never even pulled it out)-1438132338486.jpg   I have never used the S-Pen in my Note 4, Note 3, and Note 2.... (never even pulled it out)-1438132353936.jpg  

I have never used the S-Pen in my Note 4, Note 3, and Note 2.... (never even pulled it out)-1438132366486.jpg  
    Ian Hackett1 likes this.
    07-28-2015 08:14 PM
    Putting this pen away... it's wasting my time... not finding any love for it at the moment
    07-28-2015 09:22 PM
    Putting this pen away... it's wasting my time... not finding any love for it at the moment
    Do you ever write down information while on a phone call?
    07-28-2015 09:26 PM
    Don't use mine either. I just relish the big screen goodness of the Note4.

plumcrazy likes this.
    07-28-2015 09:36 PM
    Also I forgot to add, when you make a memo while on a call, it keeps a notification and a copy of that memo, with that number. You can see a small memo on the call screen and the date it was created. You simply tap to open it back up.
    07-28-2015 09:57 PM
    nope, because the phone is near my ear...
    i send txt messages after the call is over...
    07-28-2015 09:59 PM
    nope, because the phone is near my ear...
    i send txt messages after the call is over...
    Well I'm not sure how that works. I can be on a 30 minute call and need to take a note for some info whole on the call.

Speaker is what you use to take a note on the memo while in a call. With the Note 2 when you pulled out the spen while in a call, the blank note automatically popped up.

And this is how the call log looks, very easy to go and find your note for that call.
    Attached Thumbnails I have never used the S-Pen in my Note 4, Note 3, and Note 2.... (never even pulled it out)-1438139728418.jpg  
    07-28-2015 10:15 PM
    C. ca ca.... ccc... Call? People still call?

So far everything I've tried with action memo is quicker and easier w/o the sPen... trying to spend more time with it today...
    07-28-2015 11:55 PM
    I'd wondered if it was just me. This is my first Note. I dearly love it, but not for the spen.
    I use the spen to grab a meme, crop it to send to a meme buddy or share.
    I've used it once to total gift cards after a wedding shower for my daughter when I couldn't find a notepad. Lol. And it worked great there.
    But day to day? Predictive text just works for me.
    And I don't think the spen interface is user friendly...that's all good stuff, but Just give me a simple button thing that says:
    Note to self.
    Attached Thumbnails I have never used the S-Pen in my Note 4, Note 3, and Note 2.... (never even pulled it out)-screenshot_2015-07-29-06-49-10.jpg  
    07-29-2015 06:51 AM
    Galaxy Note 4's screen is smaller and visually less than appealing than the Nokia 1520 screen... Admittedly, I was hesitant back on June 20, even as I let the phone slip into the hands of the AT&T rep... kept reminding myself, I needed access to the work apps (which I have yet to open or use ;~(

... I was back there less than 12 hours later trying to undo my mistake... even though my phone was still on the premises, they would not agree to give it me back..

I have attempted to soothe my remorse by reminding myself how much pain the windowsphone ecosystem also inflicted prior to my inexplicable exchange... it had an almost useless calendar.... Android does allow all kinds of better interface with the apps I have used on both phones... not helping me much, as I'm an artist at heart and the visuals matter to me...

oh well, there's probably some contractual prohibition about selling a phone before AT&T has extracted their silver from me anyways, thanks one and all for letting me vent ...
    07-29-2015 11:59 AM
    Galaxy Note 4's screen is smaller and visually less than appealing than the Nokia 1520 screen... Admittedly, I was hesitant back on June 20, even as I let the phone slip into the hands of the AT&T rep... kept reminding myself, I needed access to the work apps (which I have yet to open or use ;~(

... I was back there less than 12 hours later trying to undo my mistake... even though my phone was still on the premises, they would not agree to give it me back..

I have attempted to soothe my remorse by reminding myself how much pain the windowsphone ecosystem also inflicted prior to my inexplicable exchange... it had an almost useless calendar.... Android does allow all kinds of better interface with the apps I have used on both phones... not helping me much, as I'm an artist at heart and the visuals matter to me...

oh well, there's probably some contractual prohibition about selling a phone before AT&T has extracted their silver from me anyways, thanks one and all for letting me vent ...
    I really like the Lumia 1520 but don't think it's minimally larger lower resolution display is better than the Note 4's slightly smaller much higher resolution display. They're both great and its down to personal preference but I prefer the Note 4's display to the Lumia 1520's, though I do really like the Lumia 1520 and may pull one off of Amazon.

from the Elegance
    07-29-2015 02:55 PM
    I use it all the time for quick diagrams for stuff and doodling on screenshots.

I feel like I haven't figured out action memo and s note. I've never successfully used it and been satisfied with the results.

I would like a lightweight blank paper full screen app that's just like a pencil and paper. With a couple brush choices and a color picker. No extra crap. Autodesk Sketchbook is nice but it's so heavy just to jot something down to show someone something real quick.

07-30-2015 09:21 AM
    C. ca ca.... ccc... Call? People still call?

So far everything I've tried with action memo is quicker and easier w/o the sPen... trying to spend more time with it today...
    Yeah with businesses you generally have to call..
    GregMargie likes this.
    07-30-2015 08:45 PM
87 1234