09-27-2015 04:30 AM
87 1234
tools
    thats it....im busting out my old palm treo 700WX
    azdenn likes this.
    07-31-2015 11:30 AM
    Yeah with businesses you generally have to call..
    depends on your business i suppose, mine gets along fine with txt, e'mails and a smattering of social media messages, nobody on my team takes calls much anymore...
    07-31-2015 07:52 PM
    I hardly ever used the pen on my note 3.
    But I had fake nails put on for my sons wedding and was having a heck of a time with the touch screen...lol...
    I have since shortened them up, but now I use it all the time! Love all the things i can do with it!!!
    Guess i just had to get used to it being there.
    Dont think i will ever buy a phone that doesnt have one now.
    08-02-2015 02:53 AM
    depends on your business i suppose, mine gets along fine with txt, e'mails and a smattering of social media messages, nobody on my team takes calls much anymore...
    Just my opinion of course, but that is really sad to me!
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-02-2015 03:02 AM
    Yup, because everything can't be handled that way and many businesses have landlines.
    GregMargie likes this.
    08-09-2015 10:57 PM
    This thing is about the pen. Why buying a Note if you don't use it?
    Kelly Kearns and cwbcpa like this.
    08-10-2015 01:15 AM
    Its good to know you have it
    08-10-2015 01:22 AM
    This thing is about the pen. Why buying a Note if you don't use it?
    very simple, cause at the time it was the best samsung phone at that size.
    08-10-2015 04:50 PM
    ^Still: You pay for something you don't use.
    08-10-2015 05:06 PM
    Still trying to like it, but not really finding any great uses for it yet... haven't managed to successfully complete any action memo activities that have been useful to me... for instance I have not been able to use this to answer any of these replies back to me ... without having to return to keyboard to correct spelling and punctuation, so for me, pulling out the S-pen effectively takes twice the amount of time to complete any of these posts
    08-10-2015 06:47 PM
    Why'd you even buy the phone??? I use my pen all the time as I hate finger prints on the screen.
    I bought it for the killer big screen. Could give a flip for the pen
    08-10-2015 08:09 PM
    So fingerprints on the screen don't bother you???
    Not that OCD about it. Same issue with phones that have no pen. I wipe it down once a day or so
    08-10-2015 08:42 PM
    Had to have it for access to work apps... still prefer the Nokia 1520 visually, screen was larger on 1520 too... fingerprints don't bother me either
    08-10-2015 08:45 PM
    I could care less if someone doesn't use the s pen. there's plenty of people who'll barely give it a thought. nothing new there really.
    Though I have to say I do find it a bit annoying when people take some sort of weird pride in it, like they're somehow cooler for not using it. sort of like someone saying, "nope, never use GPS, no use for it!" ok. cool. you're really cool. I want to be like you.
    Anyway, I had the 2 briefly and the 3 for over a year. The pen is the absolute best for screenshots/cropping. putting dimensions on photos, whether for actual construction, or just taking a room pic and putting dimensions on it for fitting furniture. sending maps with notes/arrows. super fast for swyping on keyboards. great for moving the slider on videos (like pinpointing a spot on the time bar). scrolling web pages... The thing is if you're chilling, spending time browsing or watching videos, it's awesome. you don't want to put it away. But if you're just getting in and out, looking something up quickly, then maybe there's little point in taking it out. my note 3 silo always put up a struggle. maybe the newer auto-eject will change that.
    However, I never did catch on with the note taking. I thought the whole process kind of sucky. always seemed like it should be a much better experience than it was. But I blame Samsung for that (among other things). and maybe a little laziness on my part for not making it better but...
    Anyhow, I definitely miss the s pen. But I don't miss the lag.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-10-2015 10:06 PM
    Nope don't need to hold the little stick to use my device.... I'm 6'4 275 so I purchased this phone for the size. Feels just right in my oversized hands. Love it!!

Posted via the Android Central App
    plumcrazy likes this.
    08-10-2015 10:59 PM
    I use mine quite often: for Notes using S-Note app, to annotate pictures, sketching/drawing. I especially like it for some of my technical notes at work. I've lost countless notebooks of quickly jotted down notes during meetings and informal training... I now keep a folder in S-notes for work stuff, and know I can find them there... even including pictures should I need to.

However, anecdotal <sp?> posts like this - and talking to the few other Note owners I know - make me worry about the future of the s-pen and the Note line in general. I don't want to siderail this post, but after they dropped the SD, removable battery & IR blaster -> the pen is what really sets the Note aside from the S6+.

A common feeling is they could drop the removable battery and it won't hurt them much because it impacted few users. I'm guessing the same for the other features. If a majority of Note users are like the OP... how long before Samsung realizes that instead of two SKU's of essentially the same device, they can save costs by just producing the Sx+ series and dropping the pen (and its software) altogether.

I hope that doesn't happen, personally. But they've already made sure I (and at least a handful of others) won't buy the Note 5 with their current changes.
    Connert likes this.
    08-11-2015 01:25 PM
    Generally, I find people needing to make calls to clear up work issues, aren't really calling about work issues... it usually, or oftentimes turns out they're lonely and interrupting my workflow...

Quick txt, sms or other messaging can provide clarity w/o taking too much time out of the team's day...
    08-11-2015 02:22 PM
    Pull out game..weak.

08-11-2015 02:32 PM
    Generally, I find people needing to make calls to clear up work issues, aren't really calling about work issues... it usually, or oftentimes turns out they're lonely and interrupting my workflow...

Quick txt, sms or other messaging can provide clarity w/o taking too much time out of the team's day...
    Is there a Dis-Like button on here that I am just missing.....sorry but this is even more insensitive then the first statement you made. In my line of work, and I would think truly any business is all about building relationships.....
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-11-2015 07:13 PM
    I own three Note phones.(4, 3, 2... still have all of them on my desk)

It just occurred to me that I have never ever used the S-Pen on any of them.

I was reading about the upcoming Note 5's auto-eject S-Pen so I decided to look my Note 4.... Took me a while to even figure out how to pull the S-Pen out(felt like an ***** )

Am I the only one who owns Note phones but never use the S-Pen?
    Im exactly like you, never ever pulled out my S-Pen nor do I have a feeling that I need it. It's just a useless gimmick to me personally.
    plumcrazy likes this.
    08-11-2015 11:02 PM
    Im exactly like you, never ever pulled out my S-Pen nor do I have a feeling that I need it. It's just a useless gimmick to me personally.
    You don't need note. You need large phone. Nothing to feel proud of your comment. Gimmick for people who don't use it. Yes, my grand mother says smart phones are gimmick .

Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-13-2015 01:03 PM
    Nope don't need to hold the little stick to use my device.... I'm 6'4 275 so I purchased this phone for the size. Feels just right in my oversized hands. Love it!!

The spen isn't a stick to use your device. It isn't simply a stylus, it is an accessory that does things that you can not do on your N4 without it. With the N1 and N2 it was more of a stylus, it hasn't been that way since the N3.
    GregMargie and beaner b like this.
    08-13-2015 05:57 PM

Actually many companies you have no choice but to call their landline, they don't operate their business with cell phones. I highly doubt people call a business because they are lonely. Only people I work with can reach me on my cell phone, customers do not get my cell phone number and I block my cell phone number when I have to call them back from my cell phone.
    08-13-2015 06:00 PM
    I use mine quite often: for Notes using S-Note app, to annotate pictures, sketching/drawing. I especially like it for some of my technical notes at work. I've lost countless notebooks of quickly jotted down notes during meetings and informal training... I now keep a folder in S-notes for work stuff, and know I can find them there... even including pictures should I need to.

However, anecdotal <sp?> posts like this - and talking to the few other Note owners I know - make me worry about the future of the s-pen and the Note line in general. I don't want to siderail this post, but after they dropped the SD, removable battery & IR blaster -> the pen is what really sets the Note aside from the S6+.

A common feeling is they could drop the removable battery and it won't hurt them much because it impacted few users. I'm guessing the same for the other features. If a majority of Note users are like the OP... how long before Samsung realizes that instead of two SKU's of essentially the same device, they can save costs by just producing the Sx+ series and dropping the pen (and its software) altogether.

I hope that doesn't happen, personally. But they've already made sure I (and at least a handful of others) won't buy the Note 5 with their current changes.
    I don't think that will happen. The majority of Note owners actually get the Note series for the spen. While many might not know how advanced the N4 spen is and that it isn't a simple stylus, they understand the function of it and want it. The way Samsung has advanced the spen to an actual accessory that is required to access many features of the phone, makes me think they won't be getting rid of it.

I'm wondering how many that never touch their spen, even read the couple of links I posted about just a few of the things the spen will do. If people don't research it and know how highly functional it is, the time it saves with many things, then they won't use it.
    08-13-2015 06:18 PM
    Still trying to like it, but not really finding any great uses for it yet... haven't managed to successfully complete any action memo activities that have been useful to me... for instance I have not been able to use this to answer any of these replies back to me ... without having to return to keyboard to correct spelling and punctuation, so for me, pulling out the S-pen effectively takes twice the amount of time to complete any of these posts
    I never use the spen for replies or texts. The only time I have done that is if I just put lotion on my hands and then I Swype with the pen, I do not try to write replies or texts with it.
    08-13-2015 06:20 PM
87 1234