I have never used the S-Pen in my Note 4, Note 3, and Note 2.... (never even pulled it out)

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
nope, because the phone is near my ear... :D
i send txt messages after the call is over...

Well I'm not sure how that works. I can be on a 30 minute call and need to take a note for some info whole on the call.

Speaker is what you use to take a note on the memo while in a call. With the Note 2 when you pulled out the spen while in a call, the blank note automatically popped up.

And this is how the call log looks, very easy to go and find your note for that call.

Attachments

• 1438139728418.jpg
    1438139728418.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 32

azdenn

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
C. ca ca.... ccc... Call? People still call? ;)

So far everything I've tried with action memo is quicker and easier w/o the sPen... trying to spend more time with it today...

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I'd wondered if it was just me. This is my first Note. I dearly love it, but not for the spen.
I use the spen to grab a meme, crop it to send to a meme buddy or share.
I've used it once to total gift cards after a wedding shower for my daughter when I couldn't find a notepad. Lol. And it worked great there.
But day to day? Predictive text just works for me.
And I don't think the spen interface is user friendly...that's all good stuff, but Just give me a simple button thing that says:
Note to self.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-29-06-49-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-29-06-49-10.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 68

azdenn

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy Note 4's screen is smaller and visually less than appealing than the Nokia 1520 screen... Admittedly, I was hesitant back on June 20, even as I let the phone slip into the hands of the AT&T rep... kept reminding myself, I needed access to the work apps (which I have yet to open or use ;~(

... I was back there less than 12 hours later trying to undo my mistake... even though my phone was still on the premises, they would not agree to give it me back..

I have attempted to soothe my remorse by reminding myself how much pain the windowsphone ecosystem also inflicted prior to my inexplicable exchange... it had an almost useless calendar.... Android does allow all kinds of better interface with the apps I have used on both phones... not helping me much, as I'm an artist at heart and the visuals matter to me...

oh well, there's probably some contractual prohibition about selling a phone before AT&T has extracted their silver from me anyways, thanks one and all for letting me vent :confused:...

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Galaxy Note 4's screen is smaller and visually less than appealing than the Nokia 1520 screen... Admittedly, I was hesitant back on June 20, even as I let the phone slip into the hands of the AT&T rep... kept reminding myself, I needed access to the work apps (which I have yet to open or use ;~(

... I was back there less than 12 hours later trying to undo my mistake... even though my phone was still on the premises, they would not agree to give it me back..

I have attempted to soothe my remorse by reminding myself how much pain the windowsphone ecosystem also inflicted prior to my inexplicable exchange... it had an almost useless calendar.... Android does allow all kinds of better interface with the apps I have used on both phones... not helping me much, as I'm an artist at heart and the visuals matter to me...

oh well, there's probably some contractual prohibition about selling a phone before AT&T has extracted their silver from me anyways, thanks one and all for letting me vent :confused:...
I really like the Lumia 1520 but don't think it's minimally larger lower resolution display is better than the Note 4's slightly smaller much higher resolution display. They're both great and its down to personal preference but I prefer the Note 4's display to the Lumia 1520's, though I do really like the Lumia 1520 and may pull one off of Amazon.

from the Elegance

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I use it all the time for quick diagrams for stuff and doodling on screenshots.

I feel like I haven't figured out action memo and s note. I've never successfully used it and been satisfied with the results.

I would like a lightweight blank paper full screen app that's just like a pencil and paper. With a couple brush choices and a color picker. No extra crap. Autodesk Sketchbook is nice but it's so heavy just to jot something down to show someone something real quick.

Posted via the Android Central App

Sandi M

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I hardly ever used the pen on my note 3.
But I had fake nails put on for my sons wedding and was having a heck of a time with the touch screen...lol...
I have since shortened them up, but now I use it all the time! Love all the things i can do with it!!!
Guess i just had to get used to it being there.
Dont think i will ever buy a phone that doesnt have one now.

azdenn

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Still trying to like it, but not really finding any great uses for it yet... haven't managed to successfully complete any action memo activities that have been useful to me... for instance I have not been able to use this to answer any of these replies back to me ... without having to return to keyboard to correct spelling and punctuation, so for me, pulling out the S-pen effectively takes twice the amount of time to complete any of these posts