I have never used the S-Pen in my Note 4, Note 3, and Note 2.... (never even pulled it out)

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I own three Note phones.(4, 3, 2... still have all of them on my desk)

It just occurred to me that I have never ever used the S-Pen on any of them.

I was reading about the upcoming Note 5's auto-eject S-Pen so I decided to look my Note 4.... Took me a while to even figure out how to pull the S-Pen out(felt like an ***** :( )

Am I the only one who owns Note phones but never use the S-Pen?

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
On my Note 2 and now new Note 4 as of a few days ago, I use it mostly for clicking links on web pages that are too small for fingers when the page won't allow zooming in far enough. I also use it for note taking and drawing. I use the S-Pen on my Note Pro 12.2 for all the same reasons.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I don't use mine all the time but I do use it. No other stylus and phone seems to duplicate its usefulness for me.

Sent from Elegance

indysteve9

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I rarely used it on my Note 2 and now rarely on my Note 4. I found them to be so tiny and difficult to use for my huge hands.

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I rarely pulled it out on my Note 2. But, working hard to learn all the features on my Note 4. Mostly watching YouTube and placed the s note widget on one of my screens to remind myself to practice. Seems really useful, just never gave it the time it deserved.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

PublicImageLtd

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I own three Note phones.(4, 3, 2... still have all of them on my desk)

It just occurred to me that I have never ever used the S-Pen on any of them.

I was reading about the upcoming Note 5's auto-eject S-Pen so I decided to look my Note 4.... Took me a while to even figure out how to pull the S-Pen out(felt like an ***** :( )

Am I the only one who owns Note phones but never use the S-Pen?

I'm the same as you. Never ever use my s pen.

Posted via the Android Central App

heavyvino

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I use mine all the time, in fact I used to to write this reply.

This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and eat meat in it.

msohsooo

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I have had as note, note 3, and now a note 4 and I have used the s-pen maybe 5 times in total. I feel that I must have an s-pen but I never use it!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Rena2011

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I have tried using it a few times, but it feels awkward to me. I'm guessing because in the past I've use a stylus that was much bigger.

sj55555

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I think I'd use it more if came with a pen rather than a stylus. Obviously, it wouldn't be able to fit into the housing as a pen, but I'd carry it separately like I would any other non-digital pen.

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Surprised you don't use S-pen even though you follow note series. If not for pen I an fine with 5 inch screen. S-pen is very productive.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I rarely used it on my Note 2 and now rarely on my Note 4. I found them to be so tiny and difficult to use for my huge hands.

I don't have large hands, but it is a little small to handle like a regular size pen. Since I also have tremors, it's a little awkward. So I use it sparingly. Too bad. It's a nice feature.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I use mine quite a lot, especially for the screen-grab features it provides, and drawing in the included SketchBook app. I can actually sketch out useful drawings on a portable device, which is very handy indeed for me on a lot of occasions.

I also use it for handwriting from time to time, but that's more of a novelty as it takes a lot longer to write something than to type (or better yet swipe) it. That's more of a "I'm tired of thinking in words and want to think in cursive letters for a while to slow things down a bit" thing.

I'm sure there are 50 things the S-Pen can do that I'm unaware of, but what I am aware of makes sure that I use it a decent amount.

Note 4 is my first device with an S-Pen and as long as Samsung doesn't ruin the design of the Note series, I'll probably continue favoring devices with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellie10