With all the talk of all these other phones getting 5.1.1 and the Galaxy Note 5 coming out. Checking and trolling this website and xda.com it gets old. When is Samsung going to release this 5.1.1. The phone heating up after 5 minutes of use. Also lag its 2015 now why is my phone suffering from lagging. I love this phone but the 5.0.1 update on sprint destroyed this phone. I have 3 chargers now at work at home in the car the battery has taken the biggest hit. I dont even care about most of the rest but when sammobile.com says at the end of July so Russia gets 5.1.1 before the U.S. foffor testing grounds. To top it all of we aren't even going to get Themes like the GS6. I had the great Galaxy note 2 and then the 3 and we all know what crap that was. The camera quality on the Note 3 was garbage. The note 4 has been great buf ruined with a software update that wasntwasn't ready. I wwon'won't be surprised if we get 5.1.1 before the Note 5 comes out. Come on Samsung hetget your act together.
    07-21-2015 09:10 PM
    This really is getting annoying. I've been sitting here contemplating switching carriers just because of this phone for a while now. I recently had to do a factory reset it had gotten so bad. I feel like it did fix a lot of the problems but this phone is in desperate need of an update....

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    07-21-2015 09:19 PM
    Precisely why im thinking of Jumping to iOS. I cant stand the lag anymore. Its insulting that my 3 year old iPad runs ultra smooth vs my Note 4 thats not even a year old. I wish someone else would release a high end phablet. Like HTC. My one m8 runs ultra buttery

Posted via the Android Central App
    Oscar Maradiaga likes this.
    07-21-2015 09:43 PM
    With all the talk of all these other phones getting 5.1.1 and the Galaxy Note 5 coming out. Checking and trolling this website and xda.com it gets old. When is Samsung going to release this 5.1.1. The phone heating up after 5 minutes of use. Also lag its 2015 now why is my phone suffering from lagging. I love this phone but the 5.0.1 update on sprint destroyed this phone. I have 3 chargers now at work at home in the car the battery has taken the biggest hit. I dont even care about most of the rest but when sammobile.com says at the end of July so Russia gets 5.1.1 before the U.S. foffor testing grounds. To top it all of we aren't even going to get Themes like the GS6. I had the great Galaxy note 2 and then the 3 and we all know what crap that was. The camera quality on the Note 3 was garbage. The note 4 has been great buf ruined with a software update that wasntwasn't ready. I wwon'won't be surprised if we get 5.1.1 before the Note 5 comes out. Come on Samsung hetget your act together.
    I've not heard of the note 5 release yet. When are they saying?

07-22-2015 06:25 AM
    August 13.

07-22-2015 06:57 AM
    I agree that the Note 4 needs an update. I'm current with all the VZW updates and have done a factory reset. Using minimal apps and have disabled everything I can and it still has bad battery life and lag. I'm personally keeping an eye on the offerings from Motorola July 28 and then will decide whether I'm going to go that route or IOS.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    07-22-2015 08:46 AM
    I agree that the Note 4 needs an update. I'm current with all the MS updates and have done a factory reset. Using minimal apps and have disabled everything I can and it still has bad battery life and lag. I'm personally keeping an eye on the offerings from Motorola July 28 and then will decide whether I'm going to go that route or IOS.
    If you want quick updates then motorola might not be the way to go. The Verizon moto x 1st gen, Moto g, droid maxx, droid ultra, and droid mini (all 2013 devices) are still on KitKat.

Droid turbo was finally updated to lollipop last month.

To be fair the Verizon moto x 2nd gen did get lollipop late last year. But overall the Verizon Motorola devices are slow to update as of late.
    eljeffe58 likes this.
    07-22-2015 09:43 AM
    I concur. I went back to Kit Kat just so I can use the phone. And it works well enough. With kk at least i dont have the bluetooth audio skips and the battery life is vwry good. After using the ipad though, I have to say that I'm going to give the new ios devices a hard look in September.

Oscar Maradiaga likes this.
    07-22-2015 02:44 PM
    I'm switching to the iPhone 6S plus as soon as it comes out in september!

07-22-2015 10:31 PM
    I have to use the ipad at work. I am not an apple fan. I have everything Samsung excluding my laptop..HP
    Love my smartwatch as well. I like to customize and do what Apple doesn't allow.
    There is good and had in both. Its personal choice. Still like my Note 4.

07-23-2015 12:23 AM
    I concur. I went back to Kit Kat just so I can use the phone. And it works well enough. With kk at least i dont have the bluetooth audio skips and the battery life is vwry good. After using the ipad though, I have to say that I'm going to give the new ios devices a hard look in September.

As a long time android fan I hate to say these are my exact thoughts. Kitkat has made this phone enjoyable again so I'm hoping 5.1.1 provides a similar/better experience and makes me want to stick with android when the note 5 comes out.
    07-23-2015 12:29 AM
    The latest update patch pushed through Sprint on Sunday, July 19, 2015 appears to have corrected my battery drain issue while using the Bluetooth.
    07-23-2015 02:41 AM
    It's sad that lollipop gave so many people so many issues. I'm personally loving it, no issues at all. I wish everyone had the same experience because it's such a great phone.
    jordyd likes this.
    07-23-2015 02:43 AM
    Have any of you that are experiencing lag tried Nova Launcher? I always liked it but when i got this phone a month ago I told myself I would use Touchwiz for no less than 2 weeks before installing Nova. While running Touchwiz I didn't think i was "bad", it seemed snappy enough until the two weeks was up and I installed Nova Prime, what a difference! The phone really came to life and I just love the customization it allows, I highly recommend giving it a try!!
    jimd1050 likes this.
    07-23-2015 05:51 AM
    If you use Nova or another launcher, are there any TouchWiz only features that won't work? For example, the raise to talk option when using the native SMS app?

I think I asked this in the S3 or Note 3 timeframe, but things have may have changed with newer Nova and TouchWiz versions since then. If no native TouchWiz features are lost, then I'm going to look into Nova again.
    07-23-2015 07:02 AM
    The deeper functions like that should not change. Nova just helps with the launcher side of things it does not suppress TouchWiz functionality, just is launcher.

Posted via the AC App on Note 4 N910F
    Trees likes this.
    07-23-2015 08:55 AM
    I agree that the Note 4 needs an update. I'm current with all the VZW updates and have done a factory reset. Using minimal apps and have disabled everything I can and it still has bad battery life and lag. I'm personally keeping an eye on the offerings from Motorola July 28 and then will decide whether I'm going to go that route or IOS.
    I am also with VZW and came from a Motorola Droid Maxx and previous to that, their Droid Razr Maxx... at times, I wish I had just stuck with them. We'll see what happens - I know it'll be a long while before I jump to an iPhone! (just personal preference)
    07-23-2015 09:40 AM