12-15-2017 01:03 PM
32 12
tools
    For those with issues connecting to a Windows computer, I was having a similar issue with a Nexus 7 and found this solution. I suspect it will work for the Note 4 as well:

Go into Devices and Printers on your windows PC >>> Right click your Note 4 >>> Properties >>> Hardware >>> Properties >>> Change settings >>> Driver >>> Uninstall. >>>>> Done >>>> Then unplug the Note 4 and replug
    Thanks very much! That just solved the problem on my Note 4 and Win 10. :-)
    01-22-2017 07:18 AM
    Guys please try *#0808# and select MTP + ADB from the list and reboot to save
    Worked for me. Note 4. Thanks
    01-28-2017 06:31 PM
    I tried the Android developer options suggestion, but I see no USB Configuration under developer options.
    03-20-2017 08:59 AM
    For those with issues connecting to a Windows computer, I was having a similar issue with a Nexus 7 and found this solution. I suspect it will work for the Note 4 as well:

Go into Devices and Printers on your windows PC >>> Right click your Note 4 >>> Properties >>> Hardware >>> Properties >>> Change settings >>> Driver >>> Uninstall. >>>>> Done >>>> Then unplug the Note 4 and replug
    This didn't work for me. However, it led me to the solution.
    I went to Devices and Printers >>> Right click Note 4 >>> Troubleshoot. That fixed my problem.
    08-13-2017 06:48 AM
    So, I think a recent Samsung update from T-Mobile has done in my phone on this matter. I will see if MTP + ADB will work, as other folks have suggested. Is it possible it was on before, and the update just disabled it?

Posting below info in case it is meaningful.

Kernel version:
    3.10.40-9385989
    dpi@SWHD4419 #1
    Thu Sep 21 19:12:29 KST 2017

Android security patch level
    August 1, 2017
    11-05-2017 03:25 PM
    MTP + ADB + reboot phone worked. However, my original data cable doesn't work anymore, so I had to hunt around and eventually one worked. I got some failures during transfer, but successfully dealt with moving off all my photos and videos.
    11-05-2017 11:34 PM
    I am having this problem with my Note4 too and I haven't had any luck with any of the suggestions thus far (except for a full factory reset which I haven't tried yet). When I connect my phone to my desktop or laptop, I get the message stating "USB device not recognized" in spite of having drivers installed. Kies doesn't recognize it either. I have tried multiple cables and I have the USB debugging enabled. The code *#0808# does nothing on my phone. I found the USB configuration option in the Developer Options part of the settings and changed it to Media Transfer Protocol but that didn't help (and soon afterwards, it changed back to "Charging" on its own). This all seemed to have happened after the last update.

Oh and I cannot save anything to the SD card because my phone quit reading the SD card sometime last year. I tried different SD cards but it didn't matter. My laptop and desktop read them fine. The phone will read the card after re-booting for about a minute and then give a message about no card being found or something. I wanted to root the phone and go back to the operating system that was on it when I got it to see if that would fix the SD card problem as that seemed to happen after the first or second OS update about a year and a half ago. But since I can't get the computer to "see" the phone via USB, my attempt to root it is on hold. Right now, I am transferring some 400 pictures to my laptop via Bluetooth so that I can have them backed up and then I can do a full factory reset. I am hoping that will fix the USB issue and then I can proceed with rooting it and downgrading the OS.
    12-15-2017 01:03 PM
32 12