I really need help with this phone. All of a sudden it wouldnt connect to the PC. I tried everything and nothing worked so I did a reset (not full) and that didnt work either but it changed all of my notification sounds to everything over to my text msg notification sound. Twitter, emails, texts, games everything that used to have their own notification sounds all are the same. Its driving me nuts. Any idea how to fix it?
    07-23-2015 08:22 PM
    Do you have the phone usb drivers installed on your computer ?

Reboot the pc.

Uninstall /reinstall the drivers.

Try a different phone cord.
    Try a different computer usb port.

Try a different computer.
    If all the above don't work it could be the phones microUSB port that's at fault.
    07-23-2015 09:00 PM
    Yes I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and tried all of the comp ports. I have a new cord coming tomorrow so Ill try at and another comp also. I can live with the not hooking to the PC part but the sounds are really annoying. I keep getting twitter notifications and thinking they are texts. Its driving me nuts!
    07-23-2015 09:23 PM
    Do you have lollipop installed?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    07-23-2015 09:57 PM
    Some people replied to you other PC thread but you never got back to it before starting this one. Since you don't care about the PC stuff I guess we can forget it.
    07-23-2015 10:34 PM
    Unlock the phone after connecting to PC.

Sent fra min SM-N910F via Tapatalk
    07-24-2015 02:11 AM
    Yes I do. I searched last night and found that the sound thing seems to be an issue. I tried wiping the cache but that didnt work. Sounds are still being the same as the text sound. I have a new cord coming today to try on this and a different comp.

Nhaoku - I cant get back to the other post for some reason. I was going to add the sound issue on there but when I go to it I get a page not found. I think me and electronics dont mix lately lol.

Do you have lollipop installed?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    07-24-2015 09:26 AM
    Some people replied to you other PC thread but you never got back to it before starting this one. Since you don't care about the PC stuff I guess we can forget it.
    Well said... Why ask for help, if you don't answer replies..

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-24-2015 09:39 AM
    Thats helpful when I just stated I cant get back to the original thread.

Well said... Why ask for help, if you don't answer replies..

07-24-2015 09:50 AM
    Check if you have MTP Application installed in your phone. Check all apps list. If you disabled/uninsulated it somehow pc won't see you phone.

07-24-2015 09:55 AM
    Im not seeing MTP anywhere. Wouldnt it have reinstalled when I did the reset though? I actually just spoke with Verizon and they are sending me a new phone. They think the usb port in the phone is going since it also charges slowly. Hopefully the new phone will fix the sound issue as well. Ill find out Monday when it gets here. They did say an update is coming in a month or so that should fix more issues people have but who knows when it will actually come.

Check if you have MTP Application installed in your phone. Check all apps list. If you disabled/uninsulated it somehow pc won't see you phone.

07-24-2015 10:33 AM