03-27-2016 09:01 PM
92 1234
tools
    I wanted to wait, but had to use my upgrades. Got the Note 5 and edge+. Definitely excited for sammy pay
    08-20-2015 08:14 PM
    Reliability yes speed no, my sd card is fast enough for all my music and videos. Pictures are loaded almost instantly and I don't care about that ufs crap.

I also need my backups, roms on the sd card. I really can't understand why would let companies spy on their content and also pay for it I.e. Using the cloud
    I don't pay for any cloud and I have tons. Also I don't keep anything I care of anyone sees on the cloud. I copy it to a DVD and my external hard drive and the hard drive on my computer.

Google Photo is unlimited photo and video storage. You also have experience Google Drive and can get more with an extra Gmail account and it is no problem to upload do any of the drives. Also if you have Windows 8 or above, you should have free One Drive, you get more with a new Samsung phone and my Asus laptop comes with free cloud storage, as does my ISP. Also Google offers things all the time to increase your Drive storage. I went through their 5 minute account security check, such as checking that my info was correct and I had a recovery email address listed and a cell phone number if I wanted. That doubled my Google Drive storage.

Photos and videos go on Google Photo because it is free unlimited and other things go on Drive. Also things on my computer go on One Drive and they are accessible by my phone also. Android has been using cloud storage for a very long G time.

I don't put tax filing on the cloud or anything else I care about being public. You don't even have to have an external hard drive to store that stuff that you don't always need access to. You can get a thumb drive for. That stuff.

There are many other sealed battery, no SD card androids and have been for a long time. That isn't copying anyone.

Also people complained left and right about the polycarbonate Samsung and wanted premium materials. Well Samsung listened and that's what we have.
    08-20-2015 09:44 PM

Also people complained left and right about the polycarbonate Samsung and wanted premium materials. Well Samsung listened and that's what we have.
    I'm hoping that the complaints about no removable battery and no SD card will make a difference in the next Note.

Honestly, I think Samsung could add the SD card slot back in without too much difficulty. I could live with that.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    08-20-2015 10:59 PM
    I'm hoping that the complaints about no removable battery and no SD card will make a difference in the next Note.

Honestly, I think Samsung could add the SD card slot back in without too much difficulty. I could live with that.
    That's wishful thinking. It won't happen as long as Samsung continues to make its own memory chips.
    08-21-2015 11:57 AM
    With 32GB, I'm not missing the microsd card
    08-21-2015 12:39 PM
    Selling my note four, it's inactive as I got a m9 to use. I noticed last night on stand by my note 4 used 25% of the battery. I wonder what the hell happened is it a bad battery or I'd it caused by lollipop?

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-21-2015 12:42 PM
    I have three times that. Even their 64GB won't help me. Just bought the Note 4 and extremely happy.
    08-21-2015 01:13 PM
    Selling my note four, it's inactive as I got a m9 to use. I noticed last night on stand by my note 4 used 25% of the battery. I wonder what the hell happened is it a bad battery or I'd it caused by lollipop?

You're selling, so not sure it matters, but could be a bad app or a bad battery cell. Check to see of your batter is swollen. I had that happen with my N3 at one year. Changed the battery and everything is fine again.
    08-21-2015 01:14 PM
    I'm actually considering going from my note 4 to a Nexus. Or I might just stay with the Note 4 for a few more months.

08-22-2015 06:52 AM
    I read... and read some more - as a matter of fact that's all I did with the last 4 or 5 hours of yesterday. I'm going to the Verizon Store today to have a look - will probably make the jump. Already loaded the new "Samsung Switch" and did a backup of my Note 4 on my PC last night. I've just HAD IT with my Note 4's performance since the Lollipop upgrade and I'm tired of waiting for 5.1.1 to MAYBE fix it! Will report back...
    08-22-2015 10:12 AM
    I read... and read some more - as a matter of fact that's all I did with the last 4 or 5 hours of yesterday. I'm going to the Verizon Store today to have a look - will probably make the jump. Already loaded the new "Samsung Switch" and did a backup of my Note 4 on my PC last night. I've just HAD IT with my Note 4's performance since the Lollipop upgrade and I'm tired of waiting for 5.1.1 to MAYBE fix it! Will report back...
    I'm happy with the move from the 4 to the 5. This thing destroys the US Note 4. World of Tanks went from 35 frames to 60 and from low to medium graphics. Also doesn't get nearly as hot nor does it drain quite as fast during these intense programs.

Only issue I'm having is a battery drain (sound familiar???) But this time it seems to be the cell standby, not the play services/battery n droid system
    jimd1050 likes this.
    08-22-2015 12:37 PM
    I store so much on the cloud, I don't notice not having a card. It is really easy to adapt to using cloud storage, it isn't worse, just different.
    08-22-2015 01:02 PM
    Wow - when I checked online with VZW, my wife's phone is eligible for upgrade on 9/4 but it showed an "Early Upgrade Special" for the Note 5 today. I tried to use hers to update mine but the "Early Upgrade Special" is only if I want to pay the $29.00 a month deal. Now I have to wait until 9/4 to do it with the $399 deal... I am an impatient person. Grrrr... did I mention that I'm an impatient person, damned it?

My Upgrade isn't until Oct of 2016!
    Frozen Corpse likes this.
    08-22-2015 01:05 PM
    Wow - when I checked online with VZW, my wife's phone is eligible for upgrade on 9/4 but it showed an "Early Upgrade Special" for the Note 5 today. I tried to use hers to update mine but the "Early Upgrade Special" is only if I want to pay the $29.00 a month deal. Now I have to wait until 9/4 to do it with the $399 deal... I am an impatient person. Grrrr... did I mention that I'm an impatient person, damned it?

My Upgrade isn't until Oct of 2016!
    That is nuts they consider this many days "early". There used to be a time when you were a customer in good standing that you could upgrade at 18 months just like it had been 24, with several carriers.
    jimd1050 and Frozen Corpse like this.
    08-22-2015 01:17 PM
    That is nuts they consider this many days "early". There used to be a time when you were a customer in good standing that you could upgrade at 18 months just like it had been 24, with several carriers.
    I think Verizon is the WORST for this... it borders on sheer arrogance at times (probably because they know they have the best coverage).
    08-22-2015 03:37 PM
    Though the battery isn't removable, i came to know(through reviews) that note 5's battery is even better than the note 4.micro sd card is still a different opinion for different people........

Sent from my Micromax A116 using Tapatalk
    08-23-2015 12:16 AM
    Wait a few weeks and read the Note 5 forums. Discoveries, good and bad, will be exposed on this phone. Just found out Samsung removed the Side panel app on the Note 5. Something I use daily on my Note 4! Not good IMHO!
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    08-23-2015 12:30 AM
    Played around with store model, and wasn't that impressed...not impressed enough to get rid of the Note 4 for it. I also am a HUGE fan of removable battery and expandable storage, so...no Note 5 for me in the near future for sure.
    08-23-2015 08:02 AM
    The more I read about the Note 5 the more I realize how near perfect the Note 4 is, especially when it's on KitKat and there is no way I would ever part with it, at least not for the foreseeable future.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    08-23-2015 12:39 PM
    I do not think a lack of removable battery is an issue. A non removable SD card might depending on cost for more onboard storage. What is the deal breaker is the lack of support we get from Samsung. I have been a Note user since #2. Also have the 10.1. Both of them. No more support for either. I currently have the Notes Edge and support is junk at best and with the last update took away functions from the edge panel. I think the support we as Android users get is ****ty period. Goggle releases an update maybe 4-5 months later we get. After our carrier and our phone maker puts their bs bloat wear into it. That is unless you have a Nexus.
    I just got the Note Edge, what was taken away?
    08-23-2015 01:35 PM
    The more I read about the Note 5 the more I realize how near perfect the Note 4 is, especially when it's on KitKat and there is no way I would ever part with it, at least not for the foreseeable future.
    Well I'm about to have a Note 4 to sell, maybe you need an extra one just in case ☺
    08-23-2015 02:31 PM
    The support for the S6E is junk?

As a long time Samsung customer, the support I get is above and beyond what many other companies give, always has been.

Just recently the covering on my Note 4 coed was pulling away from the part that plugs into the phone. They wanted me to send the entire charger in first and I said no, it was my fast charger and the only one I had. So they sent me out a new charger before I send in the defective one, which is backwards from how they do warranty exchanges.
    08-23-2015 02:37 PM
    however, you aren't getting 32GB

Frozen Corpse likes this.
    08-23-2015 03:19 PM
    however, you aren't getting 32GB

You never get 32 gb on any 32 gb phone. The OS takes up room.
    08-23-2015 04:07 PM
    Wait a few weeks and read the Note 5 forums. Discoveries, good and bad, will be exposed on this phone. Just found out Samsung removed the Side panel app on the Note 5. Something I use daily on my Note 4! Not good IMHO!
    I used to use that a lot so that sucks for those that do. I still have it on my Note 3.
    08-23-2015 04:13 PM
92 1234