How do you change sounds for individual apps? I see how there is a slider bar for Ringtone, Media, Notifications and System but even when they are all off, it still beeps gurgles and burps.

The only sound I want is when I get a call or a text. I have vibrating off, yet it still bzzzzzztttt, I have Sound mode on sound, all the other sound boxes unchecked.

Facebook and Periscope in particular are driving me nuts! I love periscope but how do I turn the dang sound off?

TIA!!!
    07-24-2015 11:49 AM
    How do you change sounds for individual apps? I see how there is a slider bar for Ringtone, Media, Notifications and System but even when they are all off, it still beeps gurgles and burps.

The only sound I want is when I get a call or a text. I have vibrating off, yet it still bzzzzzztttt, I have Sound mode on sound, all the other sound boxes unchecked.

Facebook and Periscope in particular are driving me nuts! I love periscope but how do I turn the dang sound off?

TIA!!!
    I am like you in that I only want to hear a sound for calls and text messages. My Note 4 is from Verizon, and is running Lollipop, so the setting may be different if yours phone is from another carrier. I set my default notification sound to Silent in Settings->Sound and Notification->Notification ringtone. In my case, most apps for which I allow notifications in the app settings use that as the default sound. Then in the settings for my text messaging app, in my case Verizon Message+, I override the default notification sound with the one I want for text messages. If I find that some other app doesn't use the default notification sound, I go into the settings for that app and set the sound to Silent, or if that doesn't work, turn off notifications for the app altogether.

Larry

TIA!!!
    I am like you in that I only want to hear a sound for calls and text messages. My Note 4 is from Verizon, and is running Lollipop, so the setting may be different if yours phone is from another carrier. I set my default notification sound to Silent in Settings->Sound and Notification->Notification ringtone. In my case, most apps for which I allow notifications in the app settings use that as the default sound. Then in the settings for my text messaging app, in my case Verizon Message+, I override the default notification sound with the one I want for text messages. If I find that some other app doesn't use the default notification sound, I go into the settings for that app and set the sound to Silent, or if that doesn't work, turn off notifications for the app altogether.

Larry
    07-24-2015 12:17 PM
    The only sounds I get are incoming calls and special messages. I went into the settings for the other apps and turned off notifications. I only get vibrations for my incoming emails.
    07-24-2015 02:58 PM