08-18-2015 08:51 PM
98 1234
tools
    In fairness, the Apple Music release was quite problematic for me. I lost all my playlists for a whole day. I complained bitterly on iMore about it.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    I haven't even bothered trying Apple music. I occasionally listen to Beats 1 but most the time they're playing music I just don't care for. The other stations don't satisfy either. I'm not a streamer yet either, I like to have my music right on my device. Maybe things will change in the future. I guess at 25 I'm stuck in my ways.

from the Elegance
    07-29-2015 08:51 AM
    just received an update for my galaxy note 4 on att, hopefully to remedy the recently uncovered android vulnerabilities... can't seem to figure out what it was precisely though...
    07-29-2015 01:47 PM
    just received an update for my galaxy note 4 on att, hopefully to remedy the recently uncovered android vulnerabilities... can't seem to figure out what it was precisely though...
    I believe it was that very security update.

Sent from the Elegance
    07-29-2015 03:01 PM
    Installed this update two days ago, it does seem like battery life is better, so far.
    07-30-2015 12:58 PM
    Installed this update two days ago, it does seem like battery life is better, so far.
    Have you noticed any weirdness?????

07-30-2015 01:00 PM
    Have you noticed any weirdness?????
    Nope, not yet
    07-30-2015 01:14 PM
    Agreed. Mind you, I use my Note 4 so heavily that I have to charge it mid-day, but I forgot to throw some charge on in the afternoon yesterday and made it until 8:30PM before low battery, and I usually only make it to about 7. The jury is still very much out on this one, but it feels like battery life is a skosh better.
    07-30-2015 01:32 PM
    I just got it yesterday. One thing that was great about iPhone was that I could view the contents of the software update before I chose to install. I could also install the update whenever I wanted. I used the "remind me later" option yesterday because I was only 10 min from home but then when I got home, I couldn't proceed with the install and had to wait like 4 hours before the phone gave me another reminder.

A minor annoyance, but still....is it that hard to let me see what I'm installing before I do it? Not sure if that's a Samsung thing or Android.
    07-30-2015 07:35 PM
    If there had been a problem with the phone, why did the issues begin only after Lollipop? If everything remained constant except for Lollipop and the issues began, why would there be a conclusion that there is something wrong with the phone.

Glad that yours works perfectly. Glad for the majority. However there are people on the forum reverting back to KitKat. I'm just not interested in going through all that.

I will wait for the fix. There is nothing wrong with the device. It was perfect It was a beast and I loved it.

As I said.. It could be an issue with your software or you could have a problem that just went bad after your upgrade.
    07-30-2015 09:44 PM
    Updated mine on Saturday and battery performance is definitely better.
    07-30-2015 10:04 PM
    As I said.. It could be an issue with your software or you could have a problem that just went bad after your upgrade.
    Or.... It could be the OS.

07-31-2015 12:00 AM
    Or.... It could be the OS.

Which is why I said a reflash or having the OS removed and put back on. It isn't Lollipop or everyone with Lollipop would be having the issue.
    07-31-2015 04:18 PM
    I've already stated I'm waiting for the fix.
    There are numerous reports, here, on tech sites, and on general pubs of issues with Lollipop.
    If it were my phone, those reports would not exist.
    Shall I find those and attach them here?

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6
    07-31-2015 04:38 PM
    I've already stated I'm waiting for the fix.
    There are numerous reports, here, on tech sites, and on general pubs of issues with Lollipop.
    If it were my phone, those reports would not exist
    No one is doubting that the Lollipop update has caused some problems with some phones. But the majority of Note 4's including mine have been perfect since the update. My battery life is great and there is absolutely no lag (using Nova).

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-31-2015 05:33 PM
    Battery life isnt bad or great.
    Id say a charger at home at work and in the car does it. Fast charging though not the old regular chargers. As for lag touchwiz does have hiccups and i was forced to install nova and works like a charm and the icon chaging is the best. Customize your phone as you see fit.
    07-31-2015 07:18 PM
    No one is doubting that the Lollipop update has caused some problems with some phones. But the majority of Note 4's including mine have been perfect since the update. My battery life is great and there is absolutely no lag (using Nova).

That's my point. I'm not raging against the device. I love the device. I'm simply saying that it was much better on Kitkat. But I'm not interested in spending the time to flash the same OS because I have no faith that anything will change and therefore I'm unwilling to invest in the effort.
    I'm happy for those whose devices are running fine. But mine, on Lollipop, everything else remaining constant, has suffered in its performance. And the only thing that changed was the OS.
    So I will wait for the fix which, from what I'm reading, could be mid August, at around the unveiling of the Note 5.

I'm unwilling to accept the idea that it's my device. Not with all the reports of issues.

tsells likes this.
    07-31-2015 07:21 PM

My AT&T Note 4 still can't forward calls post Lollipop. AT&T readily acknowledges this. If you're able to forward calls from your Lolliplopped Note 4 to your Gear S, Nexus, or iPhone, etc. do count yourself as fortunate. For some reason, the thought briefly crosses my mind to sell my Note 4 and Gear S.

from the Elegance
    08-01-2015 09:14 AM
    My AT&T Note 4 still can't forward calls post Lollipop. AT&T readily acknowledges this. If you're able to forward calls from your Lolliplopped Note 4 to your Gear S, Nexus, or iPhone, etc. do count yourself as fortunate. For some reason, the thought briefly crosses my mind to sell my Note 4 and Gear S.

from the Elegance
    No don't!!! Wait until the Note 5 unveiling. 5.1 should be out then!

08-01-2015 10:45 AM
    No don't!!! Wait until the Note 5 unveiling. 5.1 should be out then!

True true!

from the Elegance
    08-01-2015 11:13 AM
    Ever since this update my phone has been randomly restarting on its own. And now it is stuck in a never ending loop of restarts, unless 1) it's plug into the charger or 2) it's in ultra power saving mode. In which case the phone stays on and doesn't restart. Has anyone encountered this before? Is it my battery that is causing this and not the most recent update? All help/suggestions will be appreciated, thank you
    08-01-2015 10:53 PM
    Ever since this update my phone has been randomly restarting on its own. And now it is stuck in a never ending loop of restarts, unless 1) it's plug into the charger or 2) it's in ultra power saving mode. In which case the phone stays on and doesn't restart. Has anyone encountered this before? Is it my battery that is causing this and not the most recent update? All help/suggestions will be appreciated, thank you
    Mine gets into a cycle where the screen goes dark then comes back to a blank screen with only the wallpaper and no icons. Then if I touch the screen it goes back to black.
    The only way out of this cycle is to do a battery pull because not even a restart with the power button will work.

This never happened on KitKat.

08-02-2015 01:43 AM
    Man that sucks. I didn't experience any problems on kit kat either. To be fair though my problems only started last week after that security update, so lollipop was good to me before then. I don't know what to do though, even a battery pull doesn't help. I honestly don't want to do a factory reset as I genuinely don't believe it will work. And I'll be upset to go through all of that only for the problem to still be there. I saw you and a couple people mention that you believe 5.1 could come with the release of the note 5, so I think I'm going to just wait until then to see if that update arrives and works. If not then I'll have no choice but to factory reset I guess
    08-02-2015 06:57 AM
    Man that sucks. I didn't experience any problems on kit kat either. To be fair though my problems only started last week after that security update, so lollipop was good to me before then. I don't know what to do though, even a battery pull doesn't help. I honestly don't want to do a factory reset as I genuinely don't believe it will work. And I'll be upset to go through all of that only for the problem to still be there. I saw you and a couple people mention that you believe 5.1 could come with the release of the note 5, so I think I'm going to just wait until then to see if that update arrives and works. If not then I'll have no choice but to factory reset I guess
    08-02-2015 07:01 AM
    Yup I'm reading a lot of people saying that the fix will come with 5.1. I've done the reset so I'll wait for the fix.
    Only a couple of weeks. Then I'll have my SEXY BEAST behaving again.

08-02-2015 10:29 AM
    I have this scary feeling that 5.1 isn't coming to the Note 4 as soon as a couple of weeks. I hope I'm wrong.

Sent from the Elegance
    08-02-2015 03:15 PM
98 1234