Note 4 AT&T. Software upgrade/

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'll play with it. Nice thing about the 4 is that I have 2 backup batteries, so 0 to 100% takes 30 seconds :)

I might play with it more but I'm usually close enough to more power that I don't NEED the juice. I'll just wait and hope for 5.1 to fix it

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Well like I said, if a reflash doesn't fix it and then removing the OS and putting it back on doesn't fix it, that is an indication of a problem with the phone.

Mine runs perfect on lollipop as do the vast majority, especially of AT&T users.

That is why I said a reflash and if that didn't work, removing the OS and having it reinstalled. You could possibly have a corrupted install.

IF none of that fixes it that is an indication something us wring with the phone because just the update isn't causing these problems for AT&T and something can easily go wrong with your phone after you bought it.

If there had been a problem with the phone, why did the issues begin only after Lollipop? If everything remained constant except for Lollipop and the issues began, why would there be a conclusion that there is something wrong with the phone.

Glad that yours works perfectly. Glad for the majority. However there are people on the forum reverting back to KitKat. I'm just not interested in going through all that.

I will wait for the fix. There is nothing wrong with the device. It was perfect It was a beast and I loved it.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
If there had been a problem with the phone, why did the issues begin only after Lollipop? If everything remained constant except for Lollipop and the issues began, why would there be a conclusion that there is something wrong with the phone.

Glad that yours works perfectly. Glad for the majority. However there are people on the forum reverting back to KitKat. I'm just not interested in going through all that.

I will wait for the fix. There is nothing wrong with the device. It was perfect It was a beast and I loved it.

qbn, this is one reason we love our iPhones, eh? My Note 4 will not forward calls at all after Lollipop. It can't forward calls to my 6 Plus or to my Gears. So I'm paying AT&T $10/month for functionality I can't use. For you, if doing a full reset, using another launcher, and clearing the cache didn't clear things up I don't know what to offer, wish I did. Have you also disabled carrier bloat (forgive me if I didn't see that from the posts above). Seems like work but that's because it is. I'd like to help if there's anything I can do.

from the Elegance

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
qbn, this is one reason we love our iPhones, eh? My Note 4 will not forward calls at all after Lollipop. It can't forward calls to my 6 Plus or to my Gears. So I'm paying AT&T $10/month for functionality I can't use. For you, if doing a full reset, using another launcher, and clearing the cache didn't clear things up I don't know what to offer, wish I did. Have you also disabled carrier bloat (forgive me if I didn't see that from the posts above). Seems like work but that's because it is. I'd like to help if there's anything I can do.

from the Elegance

Oh I love phones and I LOVED my Note 4 on KitKat.
I do have the iPhone 6 which is why I have the luxury of waiting for the fix. If this were my only device I'd be raging.
Just to note I'm not using another launcher. I tried all kinds of launchers on my other Android devices in the past but not on this one. You could say the novelty wore off.
And yah I removed everything I could right when I got the phone. It was a DREAM device. Who knows maybe the security update, once I do it, will fix any possible corrupted files. I'm waiting to see what others report. I'm not jumping on an update or upgrade ever again. Lesson learned, wait for impressions.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Oh I love phones and I LOVED my Note 4 on KitKat.
I do have the iPhone 6 which is why I have the luxury of waiting for the fix. If this were my only device I'd be raging.
Just to note I'm not using another launcher. I tried all kinds of launchers on my other Android devices in the past but not on this one. You could say the novelty wore off.
And yah I removed everything I could right when I got the phone. It was a DREAM device. Who knows maybe the security update, once I do it, will fix any possible corrupted files. I'm waiting to see what others report. I'm not jumping on an update or upgrade ever again. Lesson learned, wait for impressions.

I hear that. I'm really hoping that 5.1.x fixes the issue I'm having. Otherwise my Note 4 has been great. I really do recommend Nova launcher though, its the bees knees.

from the Elegance

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 4 AT&T. Software upgrade/

I know, I've read all kinds of positive things about Nova. Maybe I've tinkered so much over the years on so many devices that I'm tinkered out!?!? 😂😜😂

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site

Before another fdr, replacing the phone, etc see if it's an aftermarket app causing the bug by putting it in safe mode for a few hours. If it stops use Watch Dog to find the rogue app.
Here's a thread about safe mode on the Note4
http://m.androidcentral.com/galaxy-note-4-safe-mode

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 4 AT&amp;T. Software upgrade/

Before another fdr, replacing the phone, etc see if it's an aftermarket app causing the bug by putting it in safe mode for a few hours. If it stops use Watch Dog to find the rogue app.
Here's a thread about safe mode on the Note4
http://m.androidcentral.com/galaxy-note-4-safe-mode

Support Our Troops !!!
<
Beast Mode 4
Thank you! Might try this. I really haven't got very intense apps..... Usual social, banking, office suite, my fitness pal, etc. I'm rather boring, nothing exotic! 😜

Appreciate it.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I know, I've read all kinds of positive things about Nova. Maybe I've tinkered so much over the years on so many devices that I'm tinkered out!?!? 😂😜😂

That's what I appreciate about the iPhone. I don't have to tinker with it to get consistent greatness. Its there as soon as you turn the device on for the very first time.

from the Elegance

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

That's what I appreciate about the iPhone. I don't have to tinker with it to get consistent greatness. Its there as soon as you turn the device on for the very first time.

from the Elegance
In fairness, the Apple Music release was quite problematic for me. I lost all my playlists for a whole day. I complained bitterly on iMore about it.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

In fairness, the Apple Music release was quite problematic for me. I lost all my playlists for a whole day. I complained bitterly on iMore about it.

I haven't even bothered trying Apple music. I occasionally listen to Beats 1 but most the time they're playing music I just don't care for. The other stations don't satisfy either. I'm not a streamer yet either, I like to have my music right on my device. Maybe things will change in the future. I guess at 25 I'm stuck in my ways.

from the Elegance

azdenn

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
just received an update for my galaxy note 4 on att, hopefully to remedy the recently uncovered android vulnerabilities... can't seem to figure out what it was precisely though...

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
just received an update for my galaxy note 4 on att, hopefully to remedy the recently uncovered android vulnerabilities... can't seem to figure out what it was precisely though...

I believe it was that very security update.

Sent from the Elegance

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Installed this update two days ago, it does seem like battery life is better, so far.

Agreed. Mind you, I use my Note 4 so heavily that I have to charge it mid-day, but I forgot to throw some charge on in the afternoon yesterday and made it until 8:30PM before low battery, and I usually only make it to about 7. The jury is still very much out on this one, but it feels like battery life is a skosh better.

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I just got it yesterday. One thing that was great about iPhone was that I could view the contents of the software update before I chose to install. I could also install the update whenever I wanted. I used the "remind me later" option yesterday because I was only 10 min from home but then when I got home, I couldn't proceed with the install and had to wait like 4 hours before the phone gave me another reminder.

A minor annoyance, but still....is it that hard to let me see what I'm installing before I do it? Not sure if that's a Samsung thing or Android.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

As I said.. It could be an issue with your software or you could have a problem that just went bad after your upgrade.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2