Re: Note 4 AT&T. Software upgrade/

BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ooooo how are you?!?!?!? :-*

yah....seems I'm just the focus of Lollipop's attention.....:p

I'm fine, thanks. Good to see you.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have this scary feeling that 5.1 isn't coming to the Note 4 as soon as a couple of weeks. I hope I'm wrong.

Sent from the Elegance

It won't come to the N4 until the N5 gets it normally. BUT.. My S6 Edge got 5.1.1 last week and the S6 Edge Plus is coming with 5.1 and the S6 Edge for T-Mobile already has it. sammobile.com keeps up with where the releases are.

Also seems Sprint is getting the 5.1.1 update as of three days ago, so other US carriers shouldn't be far behind.

http://www.sammobile.com/2015/08/10/galaxy-note-4-android-5-1-1-update-now-available-for-download/

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I had to reply to your post & say it literary made me LOL ! Why does it make you sad?

Posted via the Android Central App
It just doesn't seem better in important ways than my Note 4. No removable storage. No 128GB model to make up for no removable storage and a smaller non-removable battery. I feel like its the loss of the Note's greatness.

from the Elegance

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
It just doesn't seem better in important ways than my Note 4. No removable storage. No 128GB model to make up for no removable storage and a smaller non-removable battery. I feel like its the loss of the Note's greatness.

from the Elegance

Yea I'm really surprised there's no 128 gig option. That's a bummer.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 4 AT&T. Software upgrade/

Yea I'm really surprised there's no 128 gig option. That's a bummer.

My 64 gb S6 Edge is plenty big enough. I upload pictures and video to Goggle photos, they have free unlimited storage and can sync automatically. Also you get One Drive which is 15 to 30 gb free. You get 100 gb free for 2 years with buying a new Samsung phone and it is cheap to keep that 100 gb if you want
Then there is like 30 gb for free on Google Drive for other files. You can't put apps on the SD card anyway. I just had to move things like ring tones I had to my Google Drive. I'm used to having all that on my SD card and just switching out my card, but if your card goes bad, you lose everything. Having it on the cloud is no big deal, I just download what I want on my S6E and can do that with any phone. All that cloud storage is also accessible via your computer also. Once you upload it, after that, anything new you download can be uploaded automatically and you don't have to remember to do it. I've had SD cards since before Android came out, so it is just getting used to not having a card but it is no big deal once you get everything uploaded to the cloud.

Then there is no chance at all of ever losing it because your card suddenly went bad.

I'm getting the S6 Edge Plus and was planning on getting the 128 gb, but the S6E+ doesn't even come out with a 64 gb at first foe T-Mobile, nor does the N5. No confirmation if TM will ever carry the 64 gb for either of them yet. I would prefer the 128 gb, but I'll do the 32 gb and if they come out with a 64 gb later, use one of my Jump on Demand upgrades to upgrade to the 64 gb.

Also since Samsung isn't making either with 128 gb and no card, there is a good chance they will give Samsung users even more cloud storage for free.

You can also get an external hard drive so cheap that you can hook it up to your computer to use as storage or a 128 gb thumb drive very cheap for more storage. For pictures and video though, you can't beat the free unlimited Google Photo and you can download any of them directly to your phone if you want.

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

from the Elegance
Agreed. Can't believe no 128G. I like my photos and music stored locally.

Oh well... At least I can say I had the best Note 4 for me. Hope this one lasts me a good long while. I loved the fact that this device had a user replaceable battery I could switch as needed.
Also I've needed to pull the battery when the phone freezes completely.
The update can't come soon enough.
I might even get a spare Note 4. I hope they're around a while after the Note 5 comes out and I can get it at a price break.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Agreed. Can't believe no 128G. I like my photos and music stored locally.

Oh well... At least I can say I had the best Note 4 for me. Hope this one lasts me a good long while. I loved the fact that this device had a user replaceable battery I could switch as needed.
Also I've needed to pull the battery when the phone freezes completely.
The update can't come soon enough.
I might even get a spare Note 4. I hope they're around a while after the Note 5 comes out and I can get it at a price break.

Getting a spare Note 4 at a good price is tempting. I guess all I really need is a spare battery though. Maybe I'll feel better about the Note 5 in 6 months or so.

from the Elegance

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Getting a spare Note 4 at a good price is tempting. I guess all I really need is a spare battery though. Maybe I'll feel better about the Note 5 in 6 months or so.

from the Elegance
Oh sure, a spare battery is definitely awesome. I just meant in case the device itself dies or something horrible happens to it.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Oh sure, a spare battery is definitely awesome. I just meant in case the device itself dies or something horrible happens to it.

I think we'll be able to find Note 4's for a good while to come. Heck, you can even find Note 3's on Amazon so I think we'll be safe for a while

0be8f3ccede9298cc5eee567ebfcdb5a.jpg

from the Elegance

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I heard too many bad things about that update.
I DO NOT like that AT&T controls that you can't prevent the update. That is just not right!

That is not just AT&T and all the bad you have heard is generally not users. More Verizon people seemed to have update problems with the N4. I haven't had problems on my AT&T Note 4 St all.

Here on the forums, you heat the problems and many things Stent even bugs. Many things are ate issues are things that carriers change for their specific phone.

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site

There will be at least one more good condition Vzw Note 4 available in less than 1 week! It even comes with the wireless charging back and 2 extra batteries!

At first I was upset about the thought of no hot swap battery and micro SD card. After almost a year with a Note 4, I have used the hot swap battery maybe 2x a month. I always carry a battery pack anyway so it won't be an issue.

As for storage... I have 10 GB open on internal and a full 64 Gig extSD. It's all Plex Sync. I don't need it. I ordered the 32GB Note 5 but might switching to the 64 just in case.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
There will be at least one more good condition Vzw Note 4 available in less than 1 week! It even comes with the wireless charging back and 2 extra batteries!

At first I was upset about the thought of no hot swap battery and micro SD card. After almost a year with a Note 4, I have used the hot swap battery maybe 2x a month. I always carry a battery pack anyway so it won't be an issue.

As for storage... I have 10 GB open on internal and a full 64 Gig extSD. It's all Plex Sync. I don't need it. I ordered the 32GB Note 5 but might switching to the 64 just in case.

I would go with the 64. AT&T has the most expensive one so far.

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I should have, but turns out they had already shipped it so now I'm using the 32GB one (using it now).

After installing all my apps (including world of tanks) and syncing approx 10 albums worth of music, I have 14.5GB remaining for photos and Plex Sync. I'm not worried. All my photos backup to Google Photos anyway so worst case I delete when they get full. Better for me to save the $100