I've had my G-Note 4 since launch day on AT&T. In almost a year I've noticed a few things I absolutely hate about it. No phone is perfect (my gs4 was close) but I'm thinking about getting an LG G4. Has anyone here made that switch?
    Note cons for me:
    -play lists in the music app get wiped out when the phone restarts
    -my Bluetooth earphones at the gym will just randomly stop
    -the "recent apps" button has a 3 or 4 second delay.
    -random locking
    -the lag sometimes bugs the hell out of me
    -you can't save app data to the sd card
    Has anyone kind of just "had it" with these issues & thought about dumping the N4?
    07-25-2015 08:25 AM
    I've had my G-Note 4 since launch day on AT&T. In almost a year I've noticed a few things I absolutely hate about it. No phone is perfect (my gs4 was close) but I'm thinking about getting an LG G4. Has anyone here made that switch?
    Note cons for me:
    -random locking
    Has anyone kind of just "had it" with these issues & thought about dumping the N4?
    Playlist issue, try using Rocket Player. It's a much better app and retains position during reboots.

BT issues are a known issue with the LP update

The next 3 could be solved by a factory reset. I myself just did one and battery life and phone pep have come back.

I thought if you moved the app to the SD card it moved data also? For me that's never been an issue as the app data is so small. But if for backup purposes you can just copy that folder elsewhere and move it back after a reset

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    07-25-2015 08:38 AM
    Playlist issue, try using Rocket Player. It's a much better app and retains position during reboots.

BT issues are a known issue with the LP update

The next 3 could be solved by a factory reset. I myself just did one and battery life and phone pep have come back.

I thought if you moved the app to the SD card it moved data also? For me that's never been an issue as the app data is so small. But if for backup purposes you can just copy that folder elsewhere and move it back after a reset

Thnx for the input. Every app with the option to "save to SD card" I do. When the app has an update it will no longer be saved to the SD card.
    I've never tried rocket player but I have tried other 3rd party music players & play lists disappeared in those too. I think it's a function of the device, not the app.
    I've been trying to avoid a factory reset. It'll take me a week to set this up again!

Posted from my AT&T G-Note 4 via the Android Central App
    07-25-2015 08:50 AM
    I think you're going to spend a lot of money on a worse performing phone if you move to the g4...

That said, do what you want....not everyone cares about performance in phones, you may be willing to give up battery life, game performance and screen quality if your annoyances are solved. Couple that won't be:

I can't move all my apps to SD card...welcome to Android. The Samsung devices actually manage this best for what little support there is left for SD cards, but yeah...if the app can't move to an SD card on your note...it won't move on another device either...app developers have to allow the option...its device agnostic.

Lag - make no bones about it.. The g4 is just as skinned as TW, and its just as heavy...the only difference is that it's themed just like stock Android (or closer to)...but you'll ha e just as many performance hiccups...

The game performance thing noted above, yeah...My wife has one (a g4)....I promise you...it's true, the g4 ships with a default "game optimization" mode turned on which reduces graphic fidelity in favor of performance....that's how the g4s lower end gpu can keep up with the current flagships. Turn it off...and the ia matches other devices...but the performance drops significant. Can't say I blame LG for this...no one wanted to touch the s810 with a 10 foot pole with all the thermal performance related issues...they needed a solution to keep costs down...so what you get is akin to an S800+ performance (somewhere between the s800 and s805)...but the SOC in your note 4 is faster

Camera quality...it'll be a wash...there's some things both devices do better...and overall they both pretty spectacular.

Bluetooth issues are Android issues...I hear 5.1 fixes a lot of them, but don't think that flipping oems is magically going to fix that.

Music playlists dumping after restart? Sounds like you need a better music app...there's thousands on the play store for either device...go try some.

If I were you...I'd wait a couple of months and see what the fall wave brings...your upgrade will be expensive no matter what...so make the money count.

Just my .02 cents

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-25-2015 08:51 AM
    Thnx for the input. Every app with the option to "save to SD card" I do. When the app has an update it will no longer be saved to the SD card.
    I've never tried rocket player but I have tried other 3rd party music players & play lists disappeared in those too. I think it's a function of the device, not the app.
    I've been trying to avoid a factory reset. It'll take me a week to set this up again!

Posted from my AT&T G-Note 4 via the Android Central App
    I don't really create playlist what I do is add music into folders I create then I shuffle that folder within rocket player. It has a ton of options for playback.

If after an update the app goes back to internal that is something in either the Google coding or Samsung.

As for the reset I dreaded doing mine but it made me love my phone all over again

07-25-2015 08:53 AM
    i had a little play with the lg yesterday and tbh still cant compete with this note 4 i have.. lg have a long way to go to catch up although it was a very nice looking phone... some apps were a little laggy opening not sire why but i wont be changing in a hurry
    07-25-2015 09:45 AM
    Note cons for me:
    -random locking
    I had an LG G4 for a, week or two. It wasn't playing ball.. Short battery life, in the end it completely died on me. I suppose I got a dud. It's in the graveyard in the sky now

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-29-2015 10:30 AM