Note 4 Suddenly Running Very Slow

papabear4jc

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday morning my sprint note 4 did a system update. Afterwards it was very slow. I had to pull the battery 3x due to freezing. I tried clearing the cache partition. That didn't work. I did a full system restore. It's still slow. I haven't had to pull the battery yet thankfully. Any suggestions?

Posted via the Android Central App

taife32

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday morning my sprint note 4 did a system update. Afterwards it was very slow. I had to pull the battery 3x due to freezing. I tried clearing the cache partition. That didn't work. I did a full system restore. It's still slow. I haven't had to pull the battery yet thankfully. Any suggestions?

It sounds like the update might have messed your phone up, if it doesn't improve even after system reset. So the best thing is to go to Sammobile.com and download the ROM that was before the later update. Use ODIN to flash it, don't worry it won't void your warranty as it will not trip anything

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

papabear4jc

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like the update might have messed your phone up, if it doesn't improve even after system reset. So the best thing is to go to Sammobile.com and download the ROM that was before the later update. Use ODIN to flash it, don't worry it won't void your warranty as it will not trip anything

Do i need a computer to do that?

taife32

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Do i need a computer to do that?

Yes, it's much safer as you don't want to root (I'm assuming). ODIN, will bring your phone back to the time before. Read provided instructions though and good luck.

papabear4jc

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. The time it froze up most was using an app called meetme. It would then bleed over into everything else. I've removed meetme and everything seems to be running smoothly now.

Rometheus

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site

I just got my Note 4 on Sprint last Monday. Out the box I updated to Lollipop and then started usimg like I did with my GS4. There was another update I got a few days after but it seems to be working fine. All I have done is turn on power saving mode and unchecked the Connection Optimizer. Standby time for me is good. Went to bed last night at 71% battery and woke up to 69%(slept about 8 1/2 hours).

~Blessed From My Note 4~

papabear4jc

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I called sprint tonight. They said it's a known issue with the note 4. They're sending me a replacement but it will take 2-3 days to get here.

Rometheus

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I called sprint tonight. They said it's a known issue with the note 4. They're sending me a replacement but it will take 2-3 days to get here.

How long have you had yours? As stated already mine is working fine.

~Blessed From My Note 4~

papabear4jc

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I got mine back in October. But yeah the guy i talked to at sprint knew of the problem. But it's not effecting all note 4s. He said he has a note 4 and has no issues. Some people on the sprint forums said the update actually bricked their phone.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae