A couple of months ago I updated to Lollipop on my N4. A couple of things were a bit buggy but a factory reset seemed to fix everything up with one exception.

My messages app keeps randomly stalling. It will work fine for days and then stops for no reason. When you open messages it opens but just says "no messages" withh all the old threads not visible and won't open to write a new message. I also don't get any new messages appearing. I don't realise until I open the messages app, often many hours later, because the rest of the phone works fine and there's no error message.

A phone restart gets it working again and all my old messages (and any new ones) now appear. I don't think it has anything to do with the quantity of stored messages because it still happened just after the factory reset when there was no messages and seems to be purely a Lollipop issue.

The main issue is the lack of a new message notification. Not just for personal life, but more importantly for work messages where a delay of a couple of hours can cause major issues.

Aside from a 3rd party app, does anyone know a fix for this?
    07-26-2015 09:21 PM