I recently switched to the note 4 edge from an iPhone. The big issue is that I can't send picture or gifs via messages. The error message I get is that the file needs to be re-sized and automatically does so. When it's a gif file, this results in a still image rather than a moving file.

I know there are alternative messaging apps, but I tried textra without being able to increase the size of allowable files. I am on AT&T and was able to send them before on the network without issue, with an iPhone.

Are there apps you would suggest or am I not looking in the right place in the settings to increase the limit that can be sent.
    07-27-2015 04:28 PM
    You have to use an app that supports .gif files such as Google Messenger. My iPhone buddies send me .gif files all the time through that.

As for increasing the actual file size that is not possible since the carriers are the ones who set the hard limit.
    You have to use an app that supports .gif files such as Google Messenger. My iPhone buddies send me .gif files all the time through that.

As for increasing the actual file size that is not possible since the carriers are the ones who set the hard limit.
    07-27-2015 04:31 PM