Other than the built in camera what camera apps is good?

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-27-2015 04:50 PM
    I've got an LG G3 - and I'm quite impressed with what the camera can do. I've started using Camera FV-5 app (paid app) and I'm loving it. Some situations the stock camera app handles better than Camera FV-5, some situations FV-5 handles better than the stock camera. I'm still getting the hang of which app to use when, but I'd certainly recommend it!
    07-27-2015 06:27 PM
    I use A Better Camera along side the stock one. It offers a bunch more settings and tweaks, makes much larger file size photos for later editing if I want . I think they offer try before buy but I got mine when it was on sale for .69 or something like that. It's a bit slower between shots when saving but in most cases that hasn't been a problem and the multi shot saves full size files (16mp) vs mini files of the stock camera.
    If I want a WHOLE bunch of shot action shots in a multi shot I just shoot a video and grab full file size stills using Frame Grabber app. I paid $2 for it years ago and it's awesome for getting just the right moment in an action shot because you can make a still from every or any frame per second, whether it be shot from your phone or standalone and transferred to your phone.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    PookiePrancer likes this.
    07-28-2015 08:51 AM
    I use A Better Camera along side the stock one. It offers a bunch more settings and tweaks, makes much larger file size photos for later editing if I want . I think they offer try before buy but I got mine when it was on sale for .69 or something like that. It's a bit slower between shots when saving but in most cases that hasn't been a problem and the multi shot saves full size files (16mp) vs mini files of the stock camera.
    If I want a WHOLE bunch of shot action shots in a multi shot I just shoot a video and grab full file size stills using Frame Grabber app. I paid $2 for it years ago and it's awesome for getting just the right moment in an action shot because you can make a still from every or any frame per second, whether it be shot from your phone or standalone and transferred to your phone.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    I tried ABC, but my Note would always crash.

07-28-2015 11:16 AM
    I tried ABC, but my Note would always crash.

How long ago was that? There was a bug that dro being on caused a crash after shooting the photo and it'd default to dro on when opening the app but that has been fixed.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    07-28-2015 11:53 AM
    How long ago was that? There was a bug that dro being on caused a crash after shooting the photo and it'd default to dro on when opening the app but that has been fixed.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    It has been a while. Trying it again based on your input. So far, so good.

07-28-2015 05:05 PM
    I find that no single app is best for all situations, so I have the stock app, FV-5, A Better Camera and a couple of others, in a folder on the home screen. One tap and I choose the one that's best for the situation. (It's faster than changing a bayonet lens on an SLR.)
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    07-28-2015 05:29 PM

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    Spoke too soon. Took a picture with flash, and my Note immediately rebooted.

07-28-2015 08:15 PM
    Spoke too soon. Took a picture with flash, and my Note immediately rebooted.

It's totally bug free for me. I just used it today.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    07-28-2015 08:32 PM