I have a note 4 and I want to know is there a certain time you should replace your battery?? My battery life has gotten worse and im thinking if I get a new batter if that'd help it. Any advice?

Posted via My Note 4
    ejcrossl likes this.
    07-27-2015 07:12 PM
    I have a note 4 and I want to know is there a certain time you should replace your battery?? My battery life has gotten worse and im thinking if I get a new batter if that'd help it. Any advice?

Posted via My Note 4
    A good battery will last you between 300 and 500 charging cycles. How many cycles has your battery gone through? Also it is a good idea to let the battery run down before charging and not have it constantly plugged in. Wireless charging tends to heat up the battery slightly and also would degrade performance slowly over time. Good luck.
    07-27-2015 07:18 PM
    I've had my phone since Dec so I'm guessing I'm in that range by now. I do have a habit of leaving my phone plugged in overnight that might add to my bad battery life. I haven't used wireless charging yet but I'll keep that in mind. Thank you. Is there a way to find out if your battery needs to be replaced?

Posted via My Note 4
    bgbagz likes this.
    07-27-2015 07:35 PM
    Just changed mine.... Got my 4 December

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    07-29-2015 12:15 AM
    Also it is a good idea to let the battery run down before charging and not have it constantly plugged in.
    While I agree on the later part of this statement the first part is rather ambiguous and misleading. I don't think you're implying that one fully discharge every charge cycle but the statement as written can be interpreted as such. Suggest readers look at information on Battery University themselves and read up on cycles and how they impact today's lithium ion batteries, particularly the difference between full and partial discharge cycles.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    worldspy99 likes this.
    07-29-2015 11:26 AM

Posted via My Note 4
    The easy answer is, "when your current battery has degraded to the point where it no longer meets your personal usage needs." Which in your case seems to be about now.

Then keep the old battery around as a backup in case you have an unusually high-use day and just need a few more hours of juice to get through. I carry my phone in a belt bag that has enough room for a few first aid supplies, some other miscellaneous stuff, and my spare phone battery.
    07-29-2015 12:29 PM
    While I agree on the later part of this statement the first part is rather ambiguous and misleading. I don't think you're implying that one fully discharge every charge cycle but the statement as written can be interpreted as such. Suggest readers look at information on Battery University themselves and read up on cycles and how they impact today's lithium ion batteries, particularly the difference between full and partial discharge cycles.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    You are right, what I meant is to not plug the phone in when the battery still has more than 60% left. I usually let mine run down to about 20% or so and occasionally let it drain completely so the battery charging is well calibrated.
    07-29-2015 01:13 PM
    Yup. In the end the fact that these things are replaceable on the Note 4 makes debating about best practices a bit less important. I have a set of Anker replacement batteries for my Note 4. Amazon has them for $25 for two batteries and a charging dock. Great deal and it allows me to rotate my batteries thereby reducing charge cycles. I'll typically rotate out once a week and keep my spares fully charged in whatever bag I'm carrying. Great for those long days where I need an extra boost and don't want to be tied down to a charger or external battery pack . . I'll just swap out and keep going.
    07-29-2015 01:38 PM