Hi all.

When i compare the optical image stabilisation on my note 4 with my sisters lg g4, I come to a conclusion that ois in note 4 is just a marketing strategy. It does not do a thing.

Those who have two of these devices around van you do a comparison?

In fhd video with ois on and off on note 4 there is absolutely no difference.

Also with lg g4 ois kicks in when shooting photos, note 4 lacks this feature also.

Can you guys check?

I am thinking maybe I uninstalled a system app that handles ois since i m rooted and I heavily debloat the device.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-28-2015 02:50 AM
    gsmarena.com does really good camera reviews. Go down to the bottom of their page and click COMPARE (middle of the lower banner). Then select up to three phones to compare, pull up the details, and down near the bottom you'll see COMPARE PHOTOS. You'll see their "test suite" of photos from the cameras you have selected so you can do a direct comparison.
    07-28-2015 08:52 AM
    Digital ois is never going to be but so good anyway. My Pentax camera had both optical and digital and the digital only makes almost 0 difference whereas the optical makes a huge difference. On the Note4 it's just a reworded "steady shot" mode from the old Omnia days. It's better than nothing but not a whole lot when you're used to optical.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    07-28-2015 09:41 AM