I've got to send my Note4 to Samsung to get repaired and I don't want to miss anything. I've set up the call forwarding to a backup phone I'm going to use while my phone is out of commission. However when I go to set up SMS forwarding I don't have that option. All of the apps I can find seem to only work when the phone is on. Are there any options so that when they are doing the testing or fixing with the battery out.
    07-28-2015 02:50 PM
    Not sure how to do that but have you considered taking your SIM out and using it with the phone you were going to forward to? If that's feasible.

Sent from the Elegance
    07-28-2015 02:52 PM
    No - SMS is direct-from-the-carrier-to-your-phone.

About the only other option is to activate a cheap app on the account (an equipment swap) until you get your Note 4 back, or wait until you get it back, then get flooded with SMS messages for a few hours.

(If it's a GSM phone [AT&T or TMobile in the US], you can just take the SIM card out of your phone and put it into the temporary one. If it's Verizon or Sprint, or if the temporary phone uses a different size SIM, bring the temporary phone into the carrier and explain the situation - that you just want to swap to that phone until the Note 4 comes back. You shouldn't have any problem.)

It doesn't have to a fancy phone either. You can probably find an old Android phone (for your carrier - make sure) on Craig's List for $20 or so. And then you have a spare phone if you need one, or if you're going to be where your phone might get stolen, wet or damaged. $20 is a lot cheaper than getting a Note 4 replaced.
    tadpoles and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-28-2015 02:58 PM